Old 20-04-2003, 04:44 PM

Default Green allege

I just did a spring cleaning of the pond for the fifth year.
How can I kill the allege on the sides?
I used a high pressure sprayer and cleaned it the best I could.
My boss adds Chlorine a teaspoon per day to keep his down but he has a 20
gal plastic. I have a 500 Gal 3 ft deep.

Any Suggestions
Rich

Old 20-04-2003, 08:32 PM
Bonnie Espenshade

Rich wrote:
I just did a spring cleaning of the pond for the fifth year.
How can I kill the allege on the sides?
I used a high pressure sprayer and cleaned it the best I could.
My boss adds Chlorine a teaspoon per day to keep his down but he has a 20
gal plastic. I have a 500 Gal 3 ft deep.

Any Suggestions
Rich

If you have fish in the pond you want the green algae on the
sides, we refer to it as a sweater for the pond. It gives
the fish something to nibble upon and helps keep floating
algae away.
If you don't have fish and simply have a fountain type pond
you can add chlorine.
--
Bonnie
NJ

Old 21-04-2003, 03:44 AM
GD

Fish don't much like chlorine. It generally kills them, even at low
concentrations ( 1ppm).