Old 20-04-2003, 04:44 PM

Default Lily

Tropical Lily
I just put it in the pond from the basement. Did I do it too early?
It has no leaves on it.
Rich

Old 20-04-2003, 08:44 PM
Jerrispond

Tropical Lily
I just put it in the pond from the basement. Did I do it too early?
It has no leaves on it.
Rich

All the books will tell you It needs water above 50 degrees to survive, and
above 70 degrees to grow....I however have one that winters over in my pond,
and the waters get into the low 40's. Jerri

Old 21-04-2003, 04:44 AM
bern muller

Rich wrote in message ...
Tropical Lily
I just put it in the pond from the basement. Did I do it too early?
It has no leaves on it.
Rich

Where are you, and what is the water temperature?

Old 22-04-2003, 04:56 AM
bern muller

Rich wrote in message ...
Central Pennsylvania 40 - 50

Yeah, I'd say too early. I usually wait until my pond temperature is around
70 before putting them out. But there is variability in what tropical
lillies will tolerate. Mine overwinter in a 75 degree horse trough.

Old 22-04-2003, 05:56 AM
Mike Naime

Rich:

I had 3 tropicals that I overwintered in the basement stock tank. Two of
them are still putting out leaves. The third had died back to stubble, and
I thought it might be dead. So about a weeks ago, I put it in with other
plant divisions in a no-fish heated tank that is at about 84F right now. I
am putting old fish water in here when I do my weekly changes.

The Red Flare is starting to put out leaves, and the rest of the plants are
also shooting up leaves. I think that I am going to get another container
and put the rest of my lilly divisions in heated water for a while to get
them growing again.

Mike