Old 21-04-2003, 11:08 PM
Dblburner

Default black foam sealant

We are needing some black foam sealant, like Great Stuff, to fill some holes
around our waterfall, but all we're finding is a tan color. Is there a brand
that comes in black?
Old 22-04-2003, 03:08 PM
Lee Brouillet

AES Rules! Talk about the ultimate "wish book" for pond/fish keepers!

But to answer the question about the black foam: it IS available, but it's
like, 3 times the cost of the tan stuff. Use the tans stuff, but stick
gravel or other small rocks to it. Or wait until it's dry to the touch, and
paint it. Or take a soldering torch to it (from a distance!) to scorch it
(DON'T SET IT ON FIRE!) In other words, spend 3 times the money, or get a
little creative with disguise!

Lee

"zookeeper" wrote in message
Saw some in Aquatic Eco-Systems catalog and the price seemed reasonable.
You could also check their online site http://www.aquaticeco.com
You can also request their Pond and Fish Room catalogs -- received mine
last week and can't believe the number of problem solving equipment and
supplies I've found in them already.
--
zookeeper
3500 gal pond w/ koi (OR)

Old 22-04-2003, 11:44 PM
Gregory Young

I do the same as Lee..
I use the orange expanding foam however, which in our area is only 25% of
the price of black, and while curing, I throw on dirt/sand/pea gravel.
It covers it up nicely.
Another option is to let it stay orange, until the algae covers it up. Takes
longer, but it works.
If above water, ie between rocks in falls, you can place moss over it.
Happy ponding.
Greg