Old 19-06-2003, 12:32 PM
Bob Adkins

Default Toads, toads, and more toads....

On Wed, 18 Jun 2003 14:38:48 -0500, jammer wrote:

mate) We will see then if i upped the population any. I think we have
5 resident toads as it is now. I can see where those little babies

We have 5 or 6 here. We named each one "Mr. Toad". They hop to my garage
when the light is on, and snap up june bugs and moths by the hundreds. When
we were kids, we would play "leadbelly" by rolling #00 buckshot down a board
toward them. They would glump down the shot until they could hardly hop.
Kids can be mean. I try to make up for it by being nice to toads. I even
stop mowing when the toadlets are swarming over my yard.

Only down side to toads is when they get really big. You know what they say.
"Big toad, big poop".

Bob
Old 20-06-2003, 12:32 AM

In , on 06/19/03
at 06:24 AM, Bob Adkins said:

mate) We will see then if i upped the population any. I think we have
5 resident toads as it is now. I can see where those little babies

We have 5 or 6 here. We named each one "Mr. Toad". They hop to my garage
when the light is on, and snap up june bugs and moths by the hundreds.
When we were kids, we would play "leadbelly" by rolling #00 buckshot down
a board toward them. They would glump down the shot until they could
hardly hop. Kids can be mean. I try to make up for it by being nice to
toads. I even stop mowing when the toadlets are swarming over my yard.

Waaaaaaa! I still want toads! Six years with a pond, living adjacent to
about the last woods in the area, and no toads! Deer, yes. Toads, no.

Alan

**** Please use address ) to reply via e-mail. ****

Posted using registered MR/2 ICE Newsreader #564

more and more from Faerie Holler as I can send 'em madgardener Garden Photos 0 11-07-2007 03:02 PM
OTish Court case involving turtles and toads and cocaine kathy Ponds 7 14-03-2005 07:24 PM
Toads...and the #1 reason i like toads is..... jammer Ponds 2 29-04-2004 12:05 AM
Tadpoles and Frogs/Toads MLF Ponds 3 09-06-2003 01:44 AM
Lizards and toads [email protected] Edible Gardening 4 02-05-2003 12:56 AM