Old 24-04-2003, 01:56 AM
Hey DJ Jeff

Default Connecting Preformed liner and epdmLINER

I was wondering if anyone has ever connected their pre-formed shell liner to
EPDM liner... in example by cutting out part of the shell and connecting it to
the liner... due to a low budget, I am seeking out alternatives. I just
purchased a 10'x15' epdm liner from fred meyers for 60 bucks, and i already
have a preformed shell in the ground now, but i would like to expand and
connect the two. Is this possible? Please tell me the goods, the bads, and the
really ugly in case i am about to make a totally bonehead move. Thanks!

Jeff
Tacoma, WA
Old 24-04-2003, 02:20 AM
RichToyBox

Jeff,

I have not seen anyone try what you are suggesting. I have seen the
preformed ponds notched on one side to form a spillway into a liner stream
to pond. I think the liner was attached below the spillway with Liquid
Nails.
--
RichToyBox

Old 24-04-2003, 03:44 AM
Phyllis and Jim Hurley

If you are going to join them, you will probably want BOTH a tarlike sealer
and a way of keeping them together mechanically. Out veggie filters have
rigid plastic toilette rings joining the edpm and the drain pipe. We have
two rigid plastic itemswith bolts pressing them together and the edpm
between. Tar sealer is on both sides of the edpm

RING
tar
EDPM
tar
RING

With the flexible plastic of the preformed, I would want some sort of
mechanical, flush pressure to hold the edpm firmly.

Good luck.

Jim

Check out Jog-A-Thon fundraiser (clears $140+ per child) at: jogathon.net