GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Desperately seeking mail order merchants (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/1777-desperately-seeking-mail-order-merchants.html)

Gary Woods 22-02-2003 10:15 AM

Desperately seeking mail order merchants

Before I waste a lot of bandwidth, is there a FAQ or a web page with
merchants that people have been pleased with?
I need to replace a couple of loti that I managed to kill with neglect, and
add a hardy lily or two to the current collection that needs dividing.
It's been a year+ of changes, some terrible, some good. Live's like that.
I'm waiting anxiously for spring...

Cheers!

24-02-2003 01:28 PM

Desperately seeking mail order merchants

I buy from gramsgardens on ebay. Wonderful plants.
Susie

Andrew Burgess 24-02-2003 10:24 PM

Desperately seeking mail order merchants

I buy from gramsgardens on ebay. Wonderful plants.

Searching ebay doesn't find them. Spelled right?

Andrew Burgess 24-02-2003 10:42 PM

Gary Woods 24-02-2003 10:44 PM

Desperately seeking mail order merchants

wrote:

gramsgardens on ebay

The domain exists (in NH), but no hits on ebay, and the only google hit is
the above message.

But, I got a lot of good information, and catalogs should be on the way.
In addition to the thrill of finding out that the name "Slocum" isn't just
the blue haired lady on "Are you being served?" but a prominent lily
hybridizer whose family runs an aquatic nursery!

Now if the ice will just melt....

~ jan 24-02-2003 10:44 PM

Desperately seeking mail order merchants

www.aqua-mart.com is a good place.

~ jan

On Mon, 24 Feb 2003 22:29:33 GMT, Gary Woods

gramsgardens on ebay

The domain exists (in NH), but no hits on ebay, and the only google hit is
the above message.

But, I got a lot of good information, and catalogs should be on the way.
In addition to the thrill of finding out that the name "Slocum" isn't just
the blue haired lady on "Are you being served?" but a prominent lily
hybridizer whose family runs an aquatic nursery!

Now if the ice will just melt....

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website

Cleveland Ponder 25-02-2003 07:30 PM

Desperately seeking mail order merchants

An outfit I have purchased from is William Tricker Inc. I have not
done any through the mail as they are local for me. They have a web
site www.tricker.com.

Gary Woods 25-02-2003 09:42 PM

(Cleveland Ponder) wrote:

An outfit I have purchased from is William Tricker Inc.

I sent an email reply, but the address is invalid.
My (limited) experience with Tricker's was VERY negative. Maybe they're
better if the gorillas aren't shipping things.

Gary Woods AKA K2AHC- PGP key on request, or at
www.albany.net/~gwoods