Old 10-10-2008, 05:08 PM posted to rec.ponds

Default Lets get on with the program folks. There's lots of empty bussesready to take you loosers on the last great bus ride. Y'all get on boardand quit dragging your feet.

John Smith wrote:
You all are more talk than action. What this group needs is more
action and less talk! Get on that bus now!

rec ponds use to be a decent newsgroup. In the past few years it has
become a breeding ground for those who want to trash it. Regardless of
who said what to whom; and how the whole sorted mess began, put it
behind you. There are those of us who didn't do anything, yet we have
to suffer along with those responsible for the implosion of rec.ponds.
This could be yet again, a fantastic group, if someone will take the
high road. Sorry for the rant.
Old 10-10-2008, 05:32 PM posted to rec.ponds

Peter Pan wrote:

rec ponds use to be a decent newsgroup. In the past few years it has
become a breeding ground for those who want to trash it.

Unfortunately, some of the very people who wanted and got a moderated group
absolutely could not resist wrestling with the pig(s), which got us where
we are today. The nature of usenet is that there are always enough phules
to feed the trolls. I killfile both parties, and find it results in
lossless compression.

More to the point, my pond is winding down from winter, and a few wild rice
plants actually self-seeded (In a water lily bucket!), so I'm going to
harvest a few seeds to re-plant, and let nature take care of the rest!

I never got around to replacing Walter the sole koi in a crowd of
large-mouth bass, but I reckon the mourning period is past. Maybe next
spring.

Old 10-10-2008, 08:06 PM posted to rec.ponds

On Oct 10, 10:32*am, Gary Woods wrote:
Peter Pan wrote:
rec ponds use to *be a decent newsgroup. In the past few years it has
become a breeding ground for those who want to trash it.

Unfortunately, some of the very people who wanted and got a moderated group
absolutely could not resist wrestling with the pig(s), which got us where
we are today. *The nature of usenet is that there are always enough phules
to feed the trolls. *I killfile both parties, and find it results in
lossless compression.

More to the point, my pond is winding down from winter, and a few wild rice
plants actually self-seeded (In a water lily bucket!), so I'm going to
harvest a few seeds to re-plant, and let nature take care of the rest!

I never got around to replacing Walter the sole koi in a crowd of
large-mouth bass, but I reckon the mourning period is past. *Maybe next
spring.

So just what does old ****ing Walter have to do with taking that last
bus ride Gary. Care to expound on your view and assumptions? I will
agree with one thing you stated however, the ones that are now setting
fat dumb nd safe are the ones that nym shifted abd provoked others
inthese aquaria groups solely for the intent of getting a moderated
group and that was their plan all along. Itsa a power thing for them
and you know it. Admit it or not, they have to be the ones in charge
and only the ones that know how to do anything, and without a
moderated group they do not have any sheep to lead.......It was not
about trolls, it was not about spam it is about being in charge and
controlling...........plain and simple, Seems funny kill filters
always worked for whoever I did not want to see, yet they never seemed
to work for those that always bitched about things and are now so
called moderators in rpm........call me naive, but I am not totally
stupid.