Old 23-02-2003, 06:51 AM
jammer

Default I may have some hyacinth after all....also lily question.

Today I went out and removed the screens from the pond, cleaned up
debri, and added 2 small statues; a frog and a turtle. I could see
the very bottom of the pond. I saw no gold fish, but i didn't disturb
the water. Some know i just put in this pond in aug/sept. I have a
lilly plant that had 3 big leaves. I sank it 5 months ago and the
leaves and stems look quite dead to me. HOWEVER! The pot has 4 baby
leaves in it! (Doing my happy dance) Do i raise the pot back up from
nearly 2 feet, or leave it on the bottom?

Also, i tried to over winter hyacinth. I kept some inside and they
died. I left some floating and they are rotten and will be removed
when i am ready to disturb the fish, and i sank and tied down a
couple. The ones i sank have green on them!!!! I was shocked!

Anyone else have fun today? (Mind you i live in a crazy place. We had
2 days of spring, 2 days of winter, now 2 days of spring, and back to
winter monday)
zone 7A
·.·´¨ ¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
jammer
((¸¸.·´ ..·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸

Old 23-02-2003, 12:51 PM
Phyllis and Jim Hurley

The green on your hyacinths is great news. You might check out the ones
that stayed on top as well. Ours typically have dead leaves but mostly live
cores. We strip off the dead leaves and get a lot of new growth. Some,
however, are dead and rotten.

Here in the Jackson area we are beginning to see some new growth on the
water celery, mint and watercress. Spring is coming!

Jim

Check out Jog-A-Thon fundraiser (clears $140+ per child) at: jogathon.net

Old 23-02-2003, 09:17 PM
jammer

I'm so excited about spring! Thanks, i do think i may have 1 or 2. The
others are GONE.