Old 03-06-2009, 02:47 PM
Registered User

Default Orange stuff on top of pond

Hi,
Im new here, this is my first question, please be gentle

I have what looks like orange scrambled egg on top of the pond, it is a well established pond of about 8 years, ive never seen this before, and as fast as i take it off it comes back.

Is it some sort of algae?
How can I get rid of it?

Ive just finished a 3/4 water change, scooped what i can out, the pond is refilling as i type.

thank you so much in anticipation
Old 03-06-2009, 05:26 PM posted to rec.ponds

--
gordon1948

Trust me.there is no one in this forum that gives a rats ass about
your pond. Or on USENET for that matter all the groups including the
so called moderated groups have been taken over by trolls and
assholes. You would be better off going online to a ponding / koi
group for info as you will be better assured who your dealing with
instread of some missfit idiots that think they know it all. Check
out koishack.com or koiphen.com if you want real info from the foks
that know and who are not out to ruin the hobby and create problems as
they do on ALL of the USENET and Google groups.

Old 08-06-2009, 02:39 PM posted to rec.ponds

what kind of animals in the pond? in spring fish and frogs, etc. spawn and that
creates all kinds of foam. this could combine with pollens, like pine tree pollen to
make odd colors.

On Wed, 3 Jun 2009 13:47:36 +0100, gordon1948
wrote:

Hi,
Im new here, this is my first question, please be gentle

I have what looks like orange scrambled egg on top of the pond, it is a
well established pond of about 8 years, ive never seen this before, and
as fast as i take it off it comes back.

Is it some sort of algae?
How can I get rid of it?

Ive just finished a 3/4 water change, scooped what i can out, the pond
is refilling as i type.

thank you so much in anticipation

Somewhere between zone 5 and 6 tucked along the shore of Lake Michigan
on the council grounds of the Fox, Mascouten, Potawatomi, and Winnebago