GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Ice Out 2003 (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/18641-ice-out-2003-a.html)

Ponder_Eh? 27-04-2003 05:32 AM

Ice Out 2003

Today was the day - I Tipped my Goldfish - into The Pond. I've had the
filter running 3 days now. It keeps the water moving enough that it doesn't
Ice over like the birdbath. It's frozen solid every morning - just like this
morning when I took the Goldfish out in buckets, with air stones, and let
them Chill Out. By 4:30 p.m. the water temperature in the buckets and The
Pond was +11° Celsius (52° F) so I Tipped them in. They sort of drifted
around bewildered for a while. Then they started a Follow-the-Leader tour
around The Pond but... they wouldn't go near the Filter. Last year when I
set it up like this - a jet of water from a short hose attached to the
pump - they used to 'Play" in it. Maybe it's still too Cold to Play. I
updated my 'Ice Out 2003' page at http://ponder_eh.tripod.com/ so you can
see what I have been up to in the last few days. I'm not sure what else this
Spring has in store but this is the earliest that I have transferred my
Goldfish back into The Pond. It usually doesn't happen until May.

Keep Warm, and Dry.
-Ponder_Eh?-

http://ponder_eh.tripod.com/
http://community.webshots.com/user/ponder_eh