Old 07-09-2009, 11:07 AM
Registered User

Default winter brook flowers

Hi,
I'm a graphic design student looking for some advice if anyone can help. I am looking for some examples of winter flowering plants that might be found (in the UK) next to (or in) running water? These are the only criteria! I realise it's not directly pond related but any advice would be gratefully received.
Many thanks...
Old 02-02-2010, 01:57 AM
Registered User

Location: North Carolina

Quote:
Originally Posted by tad1 View Post
Hi,
I'm a graphic design student looking for some advice if anyone can help. I am looking for some examples of winter flowering plants that might be found (in the UK) next to (or in) running water? These are the only criteria! I realise it's not directly pond related but any advice would be gratefully received.
Many thanks...
When there is not much in the way of frosts to scorch the buds and blooms, Water Hawthorn can be flowering if the weather is mild long enough.

That's about it, though Marsh Marigold can be doing buds when there is snow on the ground, though that's more of a bog plant. Might be found in shallow streams

Regards, andy
http://www.flickr.com/photos/21940871@N06/
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l42/adavisus/