GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Goldfish - Tail growth over winter ? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/18733-goldfish-tail-growth-over-winter.html)

Folklore 27-04-2003 07:20 PM

Goldfish - Tail growth over winter ?

I have 2 goldfish and 1 shebunkin in my 500 gallon pond, all about 4 -
5" long and all have been in there for about 5 years. After the ice
melted and algae cleared this spring I noticed that the tails on both
goldfish are significantly longer than last year and are not about
equal to their body length.

??

Thanks,

KenCo 27-04-2003 09:20 PM

Folklore wrote:

I have 2 goldfish and 1 shebunkin in my 500 gallon pond, all about 4 -
5" long and all have been in there for about 5 years. After the ice
melted and algae cleared this spring I noticed that the tails on both
goldfish are significantly longer than last year and are not about
equal to their body length.

??

Thanks,

tails and fins are like human hair, it keeps growing.
some species types are faster growing

--
http://www.kencofish.com Ken Arnold,
401-781-9642 cell 401-225-0556

Please Note: No trees or animals were harmed in the
sending of this contaminant free message We do concede
that a signicant number of electrons may have been
inconvenienced.