GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Does anyone swim in their pond? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/18894-does-anyone-swim-their-pond.html)

BenignVanilla 28-04-2003 02:44 PM

Does anyone swim in their pond?

I was looking at SH pond yesterday and thought how cool it would be to run
an airline down...get an underwater camera...and sit in the pond...to get
some fish pictures...anyone else this insane?

--
BenignVanilla
tibetanbeefgarden.com

Remove MYFRONTALLOBE to email me.

Lee Brouillet 28-04-2003 06:44 PM

Does anyone swim in their pond?

There are currently underwater video cameras that send the image to your
computer or television screen for about $400 or so. If they went to your
computer, I'm sure you could "capture" stills, too.

The only time I've gone swimming with the fishes (oooo! that sounds so, so
*terminal*!) is when I've slipped. It wasn't intentional, and I scared the
bejesus out of them!

Lee
"BenignVanilla" m wrote in
message ...

Jerrispond 28-04-2003 10:08 PM

Does anyone swim in their pond?

I love to get into my ponds in the summer when it is warm. I let my 6 year old
grandsons play in it with me in there too. They jump up and down and pretend
they are frogs. The fish love to nibble at my legs. I don't go into the koi
pond it is too deep for short me, so DH has to do all the jobs in there. My
mobility has declined so much he won't let me in a pond by myself any more....I
need help getting in and out, but it is soooo much fun....I am not any more
worried about snakes in the pond than I am about snakes in the yard. They will
swim away to the other side of the pond I am sure Jerri

Nedra 28-04-2003 11:45 PM

Does anyone swim in their pond?

BV, I used to swim in my pond - when I was *more*
mobile! The warm water did feel Oh-So-Good on my
rather creaky joints. Only time I get in now is when
someone else is here....

Nedra

"BenignVanilla" m wrote in
message ...
"Lee Brouillet" wrote in message
There are currently underwater video cameras that send the image to your
computer or television screen for about $400 or so. If they went to your
computer, I'm sure you could "capture" stills, too.

The only time I've gone swimming with the fishes (oooo! that sounds so,

so
*terminal*!) is when I've slipped. It wasn't intentional, and I scared

the
bejesus out of them!

I must say I am quite disappointed that I am proposing sinking myself in

my
pond with an outside air source, and nobody has yet done this!!!! How can

it
be?!?!? I am I somehow crazier then the average PORG?

BV.

John Rutz 29-04-2003 12:44 AM

BenignVanilla wrote:
I was looking at SH pond yesterday and thought how cool it would be to run
an airline down...get an underwater camera...and sit in the pond...to get
some fish pictures...anyone else this insane?

--
BenignVanilla
tibetanbeefgarden.com

Remove MYFRONTALLOBE to email me.

--i dont swim in my pond (on purpose) I do wade in it once in a while
:-) the grandkids do swim in it tho if I can keep them out of the
waterlilies VBG

John Rutz
Z5 New Mexico
If it can't be fixed with bailing wire or duct tape
its not worth fixing

see my pond at:

http://www.fuerjefe.com

RichToyBox 29-04-2003 02:08 AM

Does anyone swim in their pond?

BV,

I don't swim in my pond, mostly because I don't swim well. I do get in to
do all my maintenance, i.e.. vacuuming, fertilizing, much of the pruning,
fish capture, etc. I have been heels over head on more than one occasion
due to the bottom being slippery when wet.
--
RichToyBox

"BenignVanilla" m wrote in
message ...

Bubs 29-04-2003 04:20 AM

Does anyone swim in their pond?

We swim in our pond all the time. The kids invite friends. They
snorkle with the fishies. Hubby even has a 2 man rubber raft he floats
in. The way I describe it to people is like being a giant fish tank &
getting an inside view..
Carol

mad 29-04-2003 04:32 AM

Does anyone swim in their pond?

if i want to swim with the fish i go to balmorhea lake in balmorhea, tx.
they've made it into a swimming pool. its weird to have fish nibbling on the
inside of my legs.
they used to have snorkeling classes there. i haven't been in a while so
don't know if they still do or not.
mad
--
Boycott shampoo! Demand the REAL poo!
Robert Heinlein

RichToyBox 30-04-2003 01:08 AM

Does anyone swim in their pond?

Nedra,

I have them and it is still slick. Without them it is suicide. Oh another
trick, per Doc Johnson, turn cotton athletic socks inside out. He says it
works, but I haven't tried.
--
RichToyBox

"Nedra" wrote in message
rthlink.net...
Rich, I cured the slippery bottom by getting a pair of pond
/pool shoes. Gives the needed traction :) No more slips and
dips.

Nedra

. net...

Nedra 30-04-2003 03:46 AM

Does anyone swim in their pond?

Well Rich? I don't know what I do differently but
I don't slip at all. Course I use a mop to steady
myself as I walk along. ;-)