GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Baby Goldfish (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/18895-baby-goldfish.html)

dave 28-04-2003 03:08 PM

Baby Goldfish

The other day I was delighted to see two new fish in the pond, one
about 2 inch long and the other about the size of the tadpoles. It's
the first time the adults (there are 3) have bred since starting the
pond 8 years ago. My question is do I need to do anything special to
safeguard them?
I don't normally feed the others as there's plenty of natural food in
the pond, but I put some crumbled pellets in but the adults got there
first. So should I seperate the young fish and feed them seperately or
do I just let them take their chances with the other pondlife?
I imagine after overwintering they are pretty hardy anyway.

K30a 28-04-2003 04:08 PM

Baby Goldfish

Dave wrote or
do I just let them take their chances with the other pondlife?

It is fun to find your first babies in the pond.
There will be more and more and more... so I'd let them take their
chances.

k30a