Old 05-04-2010, 03:26 PM
Registered User

Default Help on a oase biotec screenmatic filter

HI there

I have a oase biotec screenmatic set and to the right of it near where the uv screws on to it there are long white tubes with like stone in them. Sorry I cant be more specific. I heard from someone that you are supposed to dip them in salt water anually cos there something to do with that.

Can anyone help.

Thanks
Old 06-04-2010, 01:35 AM posted to rec.ponds

In article ,
shrek wrote:

HI there

I have a oase biotec screenmatic set and to the right of it near where
the uv screws on to it there are long white tubes with like stone in
them. Sorry I cant be more specific. I heard from someone that you are
supposed to dip them in salt water anually cos there something to do
with that.

Can anyone help.

Thanks

The rec.ponds folks have moved to Google Groups. Just search Google for
the moderated group which is 'ponds' business as usual without the trolls
in this Usenet version.

--
"Ward, weren't you a little hard on The Beaver last night?" --June Cleaver

Old 06-04-2010, 03:47 AM posted to rec.ponds

In article ,
wrote:
On Tue, 6 Apr 2010 00:35:28 +0000 (UTC), Mad as a Box of Frogs
~.¤@¤.~ wrote:

In article ,
shrek wrote:

HI there

I have a oase biotec screenmatic set and to the right of it near where
the uv screws on to it there are long white tubes with like stone in
them. Sorry I cant be more specific. I heard from someone that you are
supposed to dip them in salt water anually cos there something to do
with that.

Can anyone help.

Thanks

The rec.ponds folks have moved to Google Groups. Just search Google for
the moderated group which is 'ponds' business as usual without the trolls
in this Usenet version.

Hi "Mad"

Actually, rec.ponds.moderated is still a usenet group, but a few
NSP's have been reluctant to carry it because there is already a
"ond" group. People should update their newsgroup list, and if they
still don't find "rpm", then they should continue to ask their NSP to
start carrying it.
In the meantime, Google does carry all the usenet groups, and
so they do in fact also carry rpm. So a person with questions can
access rpm through Google. The only problem is that many of us feel
that the Google interface leaves a LOT to be desired.
All persons are invited to participate in rpm through Google, but
they must understand that their words, attitude and behavior are
moderated, and any troll-like behavior will not be permitted. But if
a person is really into ponding, he or she will find rpm to be a
wonderful group to be a part of.

Thanks for the followup Ron

Even the rec. pond troll would be welcome if he would just grow
up and change his attitude. He is a real expert in many ponding
areas, and he would be most welcome if he could just let go of the
boulder on his shoulder.

Ron Schompert (one of those who helped create rpm)

Isn't going to happen. Anyone affiliated with bobandcarole and the phoney
pedo idiots in alt.support.boy-lovers where goofy here hangs out,
that are trying to profit from doing nothing but harassing folks isn't
worth the time it took to type your invitation. Killfile the goof like
I did and the world's a better place.

thanks again for the update..

--
"Ward, weren't you a little hard on The Beaver last night?" --June Cleaver

Old 06-04-2010, 07:14 AM posted to rec.ponds

On Mon, 5 Apr 2010 10:26:34 -0400, shrek wrote:

HI there

I have a oase biotec screenmatic set and to the right of it near where
the uv screws on to it there are long white tubes with like stone in
them. Sorry I cant be more specific. I heard from someone that you are
supposed to dip them in salt water anually cos there something to do
with that.

I don't know the filter so Googled for it. I think you mean the
Zeolite.

Zeolite is used in aquariums to remove ammonia and can be refreshed in
a salt solution. In this case the ammonia should have been removed by
the earlier biological media. The filter removes nitrates and I think
the Zeolite is used for that. It needs a low flow for the bacteria to
develop that breaks the nitrate down into nitrogen and oxygen and they
can take six months to develop.

I suggest you read the manual that came with the filter but if it is
using the Zeolite to break down nitrates then putting it in salt water
will kill the bacteria so you don't want to do that.

--
Regards - Rodney Pont

Old 06-04-2010, 01:52 PM posted to rec.ponds

Default Help on sucking off a preacher man like they suck off littleboys...........wherre is our preacher man at???????????????????

On Apr 6, 1:14*am, "Rodney Pont" wrote:
[...]

e-mail *ngpsm4 (at) infohitsystems (dot) ltd (dot) uk

****ing idiots one and
assholes in need of sa huge ass ****ing with a dildo

Help required OASE pondvac 7003 PV Chris[_13_] Ponds 1 07-10-2007 05:19 PM
Oase Biotec 5 Pond Filter Mike Tyson About GardenBanter 0 25-05-2007 09:34 PM
Biotec 5.1 filter? Bill Stock Ponds 4 24-05-2006 04:30 AM
Biotec 10 David Ponds 1 13-11-2003 10:02 AM
Any Feedback on an Oase Biotec 30? Critical Popperian Ponds 1 26-05-2003 10:11 PM