GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   What Is In My Pond?! (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/190953-what-my-pond.html)

teresa green 21-04-2010 12:00 PM

What Is In My Pond?!

i've had my pond for about 5 years now, and i usually keep small fish in there, i'm not entirely sure what they are, but the previous owner had left them there when he sold me the house.

recently though, i hear this sound at night that scares the bejeebers out of me! it sounds a little like a motorcycle and it won't shut up at night!

i checked out the pond the next morning and i was shocked to see this jelly like substance! with little dots in them! what the hell is it?!

i havn't actually seen the animal yet, but it sounds like quite a big animal, and the jelly stuff it left behind shows it must be rather big too.

any help guys? hurry!

Sack Of Gold 21-04-2010 12:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Does it look like the image?

If so, it's frog spawn and what you are hearing is frogs.

teresa green 21-04-2010 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sack Of Gold (Post 884245)
Does it look like the image?

If so, it's frog spawn and what you are hearing is frogs.

yeah it looks like that! what's a frog??

Sack Of Gold 21-04-2010 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teresa green (Post 884246)
yeah it looks like that! what's a frog??

I really hope you're joking.

teresa green 21-04-2010 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sack Of Gold (Post 884247)
I really hope you're joking.

no, should i know what a frog is? i didn't pay attention to when they taught me about animals. i don't know much about it.

can you describe a frog, and show me how big they are? i'm scared to go outside!

Sack Of Gold 21-04-2010 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teresa green (Post 884249)
no, should i know what a frog is? i didn't pay attention to when they taught me about animals. i don't know much about it.

can you describe a frog, and show me how big they are? i'm scared to go outside!

I take it you are 12 yearsold and thought "Hey lets go on a garden forum and cause trouble. You are very sad and i hope you get banned.

Just for the effort i will humour you. A frog is a common water animal that lives on ground and is very common to find around ponds etc.

teresa green 21-04-2010 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sack Of Gold (Post 884250)
I take it you are 12 yearsold and thought "Hey lets go on a garden forum and cause trouble. You are very sad and i hope you get banned.

Just for the effort i will humour you. A frog is a common water animal that lives on ground and is very common to find around ponds etc.

what the hell?! i just explained i wasn't taught much! you insensative jerk!

and i'm 16 and decided to ask people for help on a forum!

why the hell would i come and register on this site and make a stupid topic?!

Enflamed Tulip 21-04-2010 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sack Of Gold (Post 884250)
A frog is a common water animal that lives on ground and is very common to find around ponds etc.

Amphibian* :)

Sack, would you be able to shed any light on my koi pond feces problem? I made a thread about it.

-Julie

Mad as a Box of Frogs[_4_] 22-04-2010 07:19 PM

Koi Pond Trouble

In article ,
Enflamed Tulip wrote:

Hi I'm a new member here with little experience.

I finally got a pond installed in the garden with quite a few exotic
fish :)

The problem I am having is that my pet dogs keep defecating into the
pond, and barking at the fish. Any tips on how to deter them from going
near the pond? The husband has suggested placing egg shells near it but
I don't like the sound of causing distress for them.

Thanks in advance =D

-Julie

Hi Julie

The newsgroup has moved over to a moderated version on Google groups.
Search for it there and signon - all the regulars from here moved over
there and your questions will get proper attention.

I might suggest "invisible" electric fencing which is certainly a bit
pricey and I've also heard that cayenne pepper sprinkled all around the
perimeter will keep most animals away. Not sure about dogs but a sniff of
the pepper is enough to make them not come back for more and not do them
harm. There are also products (Keep-Off) on the market which apparently
keeps animals away from gardens etc.

hope this helps.

--
"Ward, weren't you a little hard on The Beaver last night?" --June Cleaver

A Paul Ing 27-04-2010 03:42 AM

Koi Pond Trouble but does Julies drapes match her carpet?

On Apr 22, 1:19*pm, Mad as a Box of Frogs ~.¤@¤.~ wrote:
In article ,
Enflamed Tulip wrote:

[...]

Julie the question is does your carpet match your drapes? What is
your color coordination?

flammableeye 02-07-2010 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teresa green (Post 884249)
no, should i know what a frog is? i didn't pay attention to when they taught me about animals. i don't know much about it.

can you describe a frog, and show me how big they are? i'm scared to go outside!

Ha is this serious? Be scared to go outside, they will eat you alive.

berrymilan 16-08-2010 12:35 PM

I don't think there is any frog in your fish pond. You should try to inspect your fish pond again.

bsherrin 25-10-2010 04:29 PM

Lolzzz at your post "scares the bejeebers out of me!" Sorry couldnt stop my laugh..

I also suspect a Frog that might have given eggs. Why dont you try and get teh pond cleaned. From inside and out. Then put some Gold Fish and other fishes that keep the pond clean.

Scare the frogs away...

merry1pink12 13-01-2011 02:14 PM

News Group has moved a chair version of Google.
Search for it there, log in - all moved here from the regulars here
There, your question will be given due attention.