Old 29-04-2010, 03:12 PM posted to rec.ponds

Default Need advice on cleaning Aquascape system pond

Our Aquascape pond is 3 1/2 years old, and now looks as if it needs
cleaning. The pebbles that cover the entire pond and streams are
covered in algae and look unsightly.

We have had two cleaning estimates: One proposed power washing the
rocks; the other said that the algae on the rocks should be left
alone, but the sludge under them needs pumping out, which would
involve hand-moving all the pebbles down to the liner. This second
proposal is very expensive.

The two approaches seem to be contradictory: one says remove the
algae, but leave the bottom sediment; the other says remove the
sediment but leave the algae.

The main concern is the fish. What kind of cleaning is better for
them ? Or can we safely just leave it alone ?
Old 29-04-2010, 11:11 PM posted to rec.ponds

In article ,
Zayde wrote:
Our Aquascape pond is 3 1/2 years old, and now looks as if it needs
cleaning. The pebbles that cover the entire pond and streams are
covered in algae and look unsightly.

We have had two cleaning estimates: One proposed power washing the
rocks; the other said that the algae on the rocks should be left
alone, but the sludge under them needs pumping out, which would
involve hand-moving all the pebbles down to the liner. This second
proposal is very expensive.

The two approaches seem to be contradictory: one says remove the
algae, but leave the bottom sediment; the other says remove the
sediment but leave the algae.

The main concern is the fish. What kind of cleaning is better for
them ? Or can we safely just leave it alone ?

Hi

Pond business, chatter, questions asked and answered has moved:
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.p...derated/topics

It's a well-populated and busy forum enjoying 100% signal.

--
"Ward, weren't you a little hard on The Beaver last night?" --June Cleaver

Old 10-01-2011, 09:51 AM
Registered User

Yeah.. good for you guys to be wise enough to look for the cleaning tips online, last time I had an idea to clean my pond, I had to bury it and make the new one =)
miele spares