GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Comments on Brands of Mag Drive Pumps (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/19124-comments-brands-mag-drive-pumps.html)

Daniel Z 29-04-2003 08:56 AM

Comments on Brands of Mag Drive Pumps

I was hoping that someone could give me some personal input on
choosing a mag pump. I've narrowed it down to a few choices in the
range of 12-1600 gpm, but I've had a hard time finding people's
experiences/opinons on these (even after searching the newsgroup
archives).

They a

Cal Pump *Mag Drive* P1200/P1600 pump
Laguna Water Garden 5000 pump
Rena Flow 1250 pump
and the old stand by... Supreme Pondmaster 1800 pump

Right now the Cal Pump seems to be the best of them all... good flow,
low wattage (really important), and the name is generally respected
(but only a 1 year warranty?)...

On the other hand, the Supreme's have been around a while and seem
pretty reliable by all accounts...

I've heard mixed stuff about Laguna and Rena Flow, so I was looking
for any personal experiences there...

Any input you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Daniel Z.

BTW - If anyone knows where I can track down an electronic version of
an owner's manual on any of these (esp. the Cal Pump), it would be
greatly appreciated.