Old 19-05-2010, 09:21 PM posted to rec.ponds

Default Help sealing granite stream

Hi Folks

I have a stream that worked well many years ago it made from granite
stone and is approx 5 inches wide and 2 inches deep. The base and
sides are made from granite and are set on a concrete base with a
liner under the granite sets to stop leakages. Over the years cracks
have appeared in the cement joints which I can easily fix but what I
wanting advice on is a way to cut down on evaporation and leaks. The
granite absorbs heat and water so it quickly evaporates water.

What I thought was maybe using some aquatic silicone sealer to thinly
cover the granite any thoughts on this?

I have used G4 sealer but this discolours the granite so instead of
been a silvery grey colour it turns an offish grey/brown and looks
dirty.

Hope this makes sense.

Nelly
Old 19-05-2010, 11:20 PM posted to rec.ponds

In article ,
nelly wrote:
Hi Folks

I have a stream that worked well many years ago it made from granite
stone and is approx 5 inches wide and 2 inches deep. The base and
sides are made from granite and are set on a concrete base with a
liner under the granite sets to stop leakages. Over the years cracks
have appeared in the cement joints which I can easily fix but what I
wanting advice on is a way to cut down on evaporation and leaks. The
granite absorbs heat and water so it quickly evaporates water.

What I thought was maybe using some aquatic silicone sealer to thinly
cover the granite any thoughts on this?

I have used G4 sealer but this discolours the granite so instead of
been a silvery grey colour it turns an offish grey/brown and looks
dirty.

Hope this makes sense.

Nelly

Hi

The ponders have moved to a quieter venue.

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.p...derated/topics

Same great ponders in a setting without the trolls and noise that
developed here a while back.

See you there soon.

--
"Ward, weren't you a little hard on The Beaver last night?" --June Cleaver

Old 20-05-2010, 02:35 AM posted to rec.ponds

Default Help sealing used busted condoms. Will silicone work or should Iuse roofing tar?

On May 19, 5:20*pm, Mad as a Box of Frogs ~.¤@¤.~ wrote:
In article ,

nelly wrote:
[...]

"Ward, weren't you a little hard on The Beaver last night?" --June Cleaver- Hide quoted text -

Yep, Froggie boi always had to check out how folks were hung and offer
to give free blow jobs as an incentive to talk to him.

Sealing a Garden Shed @ ground level Barry Watts Ponds 4 18-01-2004 12:24 AM
decomposed vs crushed granite Tom Jones Texas 1 05-04-2003 11:11 AM
Decomposed granite J Kolenovsky Texas 7 05-04-2003 11:10 AM
decomposed vs crushed granite Tom Jones Texas 1 21-02-2003 07:58 PM
re-sealing seed packages eddy United Kingdom 6 14-02-2003 09:49 PM