GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   The VF is Higher then the Pond (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/19348-vf-higher-then-pond.html)

BenignVanilla 30-04-2003 01:56 PM

The VF is Higher then the Pond

So Shareholders pond got filled last night, and under the glow of a dieing
Maglite...it looked great! Unfortunately, the VF is higher then I thought so
it is quite dry even with the pond full.

This evening I plan to work with the main pond a bit to see if I can raise
the edge...I should have enough dirt and I know I have plenty of liner left
over. I am also considering a check valve in the line from the bottom drain.

Can I use a check valve downstream from a bottom drain?

Do they make check valves for 4 inch PVC?

This is so depressing.

--
BenignVanilla
tibetanbeefgarden.com

Remove MYFRONTALLOBE to email me.

David Pochron 30-04-2003 05:32 PM

The VF is Higher then the Pond

"BenignVanilla" m wrote in
message ...
Do they make check valves for 4 inch PVC?

Get a DWV backflow preventer. It's basically a check valve, though in this
case it's designed to prevent sewage from backup up into your basement when
it floods outside. The inlets and outlets are exactly 4 inches. They're
widely available (in cities where houses have basements) at most retail home
improvement centers.

--
David Pochron