GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   new product(?)electric fencing for raccoon woes (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/1958-new-product-electric-fencing-raccoon-woes.html)

K30a 24-02-2003 10:27 PM

new product(?)electric fencing for raccoon woes

One of my ways to make it through the winter
is to indulge in pond magazines. Today I brought
home Ponds USA and Water Gardens and on page
45 I saw, what to looked to me, a new product from
Fi-Shock Inc.
Really interesting, it is an electric fence that lays
out over the water. Four strands. It is anchored to
the side with these black supports. Looking at the pond
it really blends in. It says it is battery operated, has all parts
in the kit, including energizer and can be expanded for
any size pond.
Also gives toll free number 1-800-251-9288
or email

Just passing this along - am not employeed by these
folks, have no financial interest in their company, in fact
we don't even need an electric fence - (no raccoon
visits - knocking on wood!!!)

k30a

K30a 24-02-2003 10:27 PM

new product(?)electric fencing for raccoon woes

ps
the issue of Ponds USA and Water Gardens
is the 2003-2004 issue.
k30a

Gary Woods 24-02-2003 10:29 PM

ESPMER (K30a) wrote:

Really interesting, it is an electric fence that lays
out over the water. Four strands. It is anchored to
the side with these black supports. Looking at the pond
it really blends in

Sounds like something one could make up with farm supply store off the
shelf parts. Of course, not everybody has easy access to such, and if the
price for such a "specialty" item isn't obscene, why not? I think I'd be
happier with an AC line powered energizer though; more "poop" to get the
varmint's attention!

Gary Woods AKA K2AHC- PGP key on request, or at
www.albany.net/~gwoods