Old 14-10-2011, 09:53 PM
Registered User

Default liner

just wondered why is it my pond liner has started to come loose & float up in the water,it seems to be like an air pocket is under neath it & its been down a month or so,ive put a few bricks in it to weigh it down for now.
Old 14-10-2011, 11:44 PM posted to rec.ponds

"Dude69" wrote

just wondered why is it my pond liner has started to come loose & float
up in the water,it seems to be like an air pocket is under neath it &
its been down a month or so,ive put a few bricks in it to weigh it down
for now.

Normally means there is water getting under the liner and not draining away.
Could be lots of reasons,
a lot of rain.
high water table.
puncture in the liner.
waterfall/inlet getting behind the liner.

Regards Bob Hobden
Posting to this Newsgroup from the W. of London UK

Old 17-10-2011, 07:06 PM
Registered User

thanks i would go for the lot of rain-high water table then,just funny as i never happened with my old liner only done it with this new one.
Old 27-10-2011, 09:57 AM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude69 View Post
just wondered why is it my pond liner has started to come loose & float up in the water,it seems to be like an air pocket is under neath it & its been down a month or so,ive put a few bricks in it to weigh it down for now.
I would say that there is definitely water underneath your liner. Did you put the new liner over the old one? If you did then it could be that you have trapped air between them. I have had this problem myself.

Be careful that the bricks you have put in donot puncture your new liner.
Old 06-05-2012, 09:36 AM
Registered User

Advice on pond liner

I bought quite a lot of liner from FLEXIBLE LINING PRODUCTS (flp). A bit expensive, but they offered lifetime guarantee.

The pond started losing water after one year. So I spoke to them, and they said "FIND THE HOLE". Their guarantee means nothing, except the advice of "FINDING THE HOLE". Avoid like the plague.