GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Mud Settle-age (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/20064-mud-settle-age.html)

BenignVanilla 02-05-2003 03:08 PM

Mud Settle-age

I realize this is a vague question considering I don't know the content of
the sediment, circulation times, etc...but...I tracked some mud into the
pond as I was digging yesterday. The water is now orange and cloudy...Do
you have any idea, ballpark figure here, how long it should take for this to
settle out? Will plants help?

--
BenignVanilla
tibetanbeefgarden.com

Remove MYFRONTALLOBE to email me.

RichToyBox 03-05-2003 01:56 AM

Mud Settle-age

BV,

I have tipped over pots of lilies, and I routinely add calcium bentonite
clay to the pond and it will usually be clear by the next morning.
--
RichToyBox

"BenignVanilla" m wrote in
message ...

BenignVanilla 04-05-2003 03:57 PM

Mud Settle-age

"RichToyBox" wrote in message
BV,

I have tipped over pots of lilies, and I routinely add calcium bentonite
clay to the pond and it will usually be clear by the next morning.
--
RichToyBox

Will that help with very clay-rich soil? My yard is nearly all clay...that
hard, orance, concrete like stuff...

BV.

RichToyBox 05-05-2003 01:44 AM

Mud Settle-age

BV,

I think the calcium bentonite, KoiClay, Refine, or TerraPond may help to
clear any residual clay from the water. It is very fine and attaches to a
lot of the stuff in the pond and makes the water really shine.
--
RichToyBox

"BenignVanilla" wrote in
message ...

Bonnie Espenshade 05-05-2003 12:08 PM

Mud Settle-age

RichToyBox wrote:
BV,

I think the calcium bentonite, KoiClay, Refine, or TerraPond may help to
clear any residual clay from the water. It is very fine and attaches to a
lot of the stuff in the pond and makes the water really shine.

I just started to use TerraPond recently. It was amazing to
see the change in the water - it does seem to shine. Now to
get the retro-fit bottom drain working. That might happen
next weekend.

--
Bonnie
NJ

John Rutz 05-05-2003 02:56 PM

Mud Settle-age

BenignVanilla wrote:
Suggested source?

www koiclay.com

John Rutz
Z5 New Mexico
If it can't be fixed with bailing wire or duct tape
its not worth fixing

see my pond at:

http://www.fuerjefe.com