Old 30-12-2011, 05:29 PM posted to rec.ponds

Default RE Sliders ..

what could they be eating?

dragonfly and mayfly nymphs .. water boatmen and other beetles ..
maybe even snails..

IIRC they eat lots of different things..

(see the group isn't dead yet, but a lot has changed since I was last
here 5 years ago..(and sadly some things are still the same))

Old 06-02-2012, 01:50 AM posted to rec.ponds

On Fri, 30 Dec 2011 08:29:24 -0800 (PST), AJames
wrote:

what could they be eating?

dragonfly and mayfly nymphs .. water boatmen and other beetles ..
maybe even snails..

IIRC they eat lots of different things..

(see the group isn't dead yet, but a lot has changed since I was last
here 5 years ago..(and sadly some things are still the same))

One of the things we did was create rec.ponds.moderated. It has been very
quiet of late. Hard to compete with forums like koiphen that allow pictures
and many turned to such groups, when this group was over taken by trolls
and those who couldn't resist poking them. :-/
------------
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us
Old 06-02-2012, 06:18 PM posted to rec.ponds

"~ jan" wrote ...

AJames wrote:

what could they be eating?

dragonfly and mayfly nymphs .. water boatmen and other beetles ..
maybe even snails..

IIRC they eat lots of different things..

(see the group isn't dead yet, but a lot has changed since I was last
here 5 years ago..(and sadly some things are still the same))

One of the things we did was create rec.ponds.moderated. It has been very
quiet of late. Hard to compete with forums like koiphen that allow pictures
and many turned to such groups, when this group was over taken by trolls
and those who couldn't resist poking them. :-/

I use that famous German news server news.individual.net so don't see any
rubbish on Newsgroups as they are excellent at cutting it out.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

Old 15-02-2012, 07:38 AM posted to rec.ponds

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message
I use that famous German news server news.individual.net so don't see any
rubbish on Newsgroups as they are excellent at cutting it out.

They can only remove spam and people who troll using their service. But once
the other servers pick up the troll posts, there is nothing they can do to
remove them. They can't moderate NGs.
--

RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.

Old 15-02-2012, 03:48 PM posted to rec.ponds

"Reel McKoi" wrote:

They can only remove spam and people who troll using their service.

True, but the OP said he was reading from their server, which apparently
does a good job of de-junking. Personally, I just avoid getting into
urination competitions with trolls, and all is reasonably well.
Not much else to report; the pond is frozen, frogs and turtles asleep; bass
just hanging out in power-down mode!

Old 17-02-2012, 02:07 PM posted to rec.ponds

"Gary Woods" wrote in message
"Reel McKoi" wrote:

They can only remove spam and people who troll using their service.

True, but the OP said he was reading from their server, which apparently
does a good job of de-junking. Personally, I just avoid getting into
urination competitions with trolls, and all is reasonably well.
Not much else to report; the pond is frozen, frogs and turtles asleep;
bass
just hanging out in power-down mode!

--
Gary Woods AKA K2AHC- PGP key on request, or at
home.earthlink.net/~garygarlic

It's been a fairly mild winter in TN. The pumps are off until spring. The
filters were sold when I got rid of all the fish. The ponds are a lot less
stressful and work now. The inhabitants now are several types of frog,
loads of newts, sliders, occasional snakes and dragon flies.
--
RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.