GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   I put Bluegill in my pond. QUESTIONS... (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/20211-i-put-bluegill-my-pond-questions.html)

Philip Lathroum 03-05-2003 08:32 AM

I put Bluegill in my pond. QUESTIONS...

What do they eat... they hate the floating pond fish food... ( love when
I throw in insects ) Do they make Bluegill food ?

Also... will they eat my plants if I do not section them off ??

thanks

Philip

David Modine 03-05-2003 10:32 AM

I put Bluegill in my pond. QUESTIONS...

There are 2 Bluegills in the pond at my office, along with a slew of common
minnows.
These 2 eat just about anything I throw in the pond.
Including small comets ;-(

They never seem to tear up any of the plants

David

Philip Lathroum 04-05-2003 02:56 AM

I put Bluegill in my pond. QUESTIONS...

I used Mozzerela cheese as a kid once.. caught a mess of them...

However, I don't want to catch these, just keep them healthy...

I like them much better, then Goldfish or Koi....

neet to watch them strike the bugs on top the water...

and only 55 cents each too...

Philip
]

Bill wrote:

"Philip Lathroum" wrote :

What do they eat...

As a child I could catch them on anything I put on the hook, including
mud or sticks.

---

Mary Swim 04-05-2003 02:56 AM

I put Bluegill in my pond. QUESTIONS...

I had two tiny ones in an aquarium once, after they got dipped up with
a bucket of water from a farm pond. They were about the size of a
small feeder goldfish. They seemed teriffically territorial, even at
that size.