GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   newbie earth pond with spring question (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/20265-newbie-earth-pond-spring-question.html)

vze1o9f2 03-05-2003 05:20 PM

newbie earth pond with spring question

We seem to have a spring on our property. We think it is a year round
spring, but it might dry in August. Right now it has a nice trickle. We
are thinking of making a small pond with an inflow into the top of the pond
from the spring and an outflow from the bottom using a flexible pipe to near
the top of the inflow thus draining downhill from the pond. Does this make
sense? If it is a year round spring will we be able to have fish? How many
galleons should the pond hold or is it more a matter of how often the water
overturns? Is there any information available about ponds fed from springs?

Thanks for any help
Janet Johns