Old 11-05-2012, 10:56 AM
Registered User

Location: england
Cool preformed pond help and other gardening tips

hi, people. i'm new to this so i don't know if i'm in the right place and if so if you could point me in the right direction, that would be helpful.

anyway, i have installed a preformed pond. i've put the water in but yesterday realized the soil around it was sinking so i flattened it, added more soil and repeated to build it up. the pond is a lotus preformed pond the capacity is 1200 litres. i have this filter/pump in mind:
eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

the reason i have come on here is to ask this: the cable comes with 5m of cable and i need at least 10m. can i buy an outside extension cable like this, eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace
and plug the it in and tack the wire underneath my bamboo wall fencing? i don't really wanna dig and wrap in pipe as it means digging again.

also, any general tips on keeping cats out the garden, time before putting fish in, do i use pebbles on the bottom? many thanks.
Old 12-05-2012, 03:42 AM
Registered User

Location: england

......... i don't get it, have i done something wrong? i dunno whether i've violated some internet rule or what or if he is calling me a troll....just wanted some advice for me preformed pond.
Old 02-06-2012, 10:34 AM posted to rec.ponds

Default preformed pond help and other gardening tips

"CHS_87" wrote in message

also, any general tips on keeping cats out the garden, time before
putting fish in, do i use pebbles on the bottom? many thanks.
-----------------

Not being from the UK and knowing your system there, all I can do is offer
advice on cats. Cats wont usually fish and get themselves wet. There is no
safe way to keep them out of your garden other than one of those cat-proof
fences. I've been putting up with a neighbor's cat now for years but it
never bothered the fish.
--
RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.

5 TIPS FOR BETTER MANAGEMENT OF HOME BUSINESS...5 TIPS FOR BETTERMANAGEMENT OF HOME BUSINESS...5 TIPS FOR BETTER MANAGEMENT OF HOMEBUSINESS... Tonya Thompson United Kingdom 0 28-04-2009 01:30 PM
Preformed Pond Liners Jerry G Ponds 8 25-08-2004 03:26 PM
Preformed Pond Liners Bill Parker Ponds 12 04-03-2004 05:32 AM
Preformed Pond Liners/sorry Denise Ponds 2 02-03-2004 03:03 AM
Preformed Pond Liners Bill Parker Ponds 0 29-02-2004 03:57 PM