GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   pond people (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/206338-pond-people.html)

Maxine 06-02-2013 02:43 AM

pond people

any of the oldies still in r.p ?

a425couple 06-02-2013 05:13 PM

pond people

"Maxine" wrote in message...
any of the oldies still in r.p ?

We still check in most days
(but accepting that you possibly do not
consider us as "oldies" !)

Gary Woods 06-02-2013 05:30 PM

pond people

Maxine wrote:

any of the oldies still in r.p ?

Yes, but there's not much going on, since the pond has a good foot of ice
covering it, and the bass are keeping to themselves down there.

*Our pond isn't really the usual "water feature" so much as a "farm pond,"
though this locale is most certainly NOT a farm (those folks have to work
_way_ too hard)!

pondrus 08-02-2013 07:54 PM

pond people

news from :
yes

Ingrid

On Wed, 6 Feb 2013 02:43:10 +0000 (UTC), Maxine wrote:

any of the oldies still in r.p ?

Note to those in this thread.
the more populated and active version of rec.ponds is located in a
moderated Google group that put an end to the trolls and spam in rec.ponds.

the URL for their discussions is

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.ponds.moderated/

ReelMcKoi[_2_] 25-02-2013 06:10 AM

pond people

"Maxine" wrote in message

any of the oldies still in r.p ?

A few remain.
--
RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.

Brian Watson[_2_] 25-02-2013 07:20 AM

pond people

"ReelMcKoi" wrote in message

"Maxine" wrote in message

any of the oldies still in r.p ?

A few remain.

How old is "old"?

--
Brian

ReelMcKoi[_2_] 13-03-2013 04:19 AM

pond people

"Brian Watson" wrote in message

"ReelMcKoi" wrote in message

"Maxine" wrote in message

any of the oldies still in r.p ?

A few remain.

How old is "old"?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Those from before the troll attacks of some years back.

--
RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.

Brian Watson[_2_] 13-03-2013 07:20 AM

pond people

"ReelMcKoi" wrote in message

"Brian Watson" wrote in message

"ReelMcKoi" wrote in message

"Maxine" wrote in message

any of the oldies still in r.p ?

A few remain.

How old is "old"?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Those from before the troll attacks of some years back.

I am a more recent joiner than that.

--
Brian

thomaspoul 25-04-2013 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maxine (Post 977817)
any of the oldies still in r.p ?

what is your intention??

~ jan[_3_] 21-05-2013 11:02 PM

pond people

On Wed, 13 Mar 2013 07:20:04 -0000, "Brian Watson"
wrote:

"Maxine" wrote in message

any of the oldies still in r.p ?

A few remain.

How old is "old"?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Those from before the troll attacks of some years back.

I am a more recent joiner than that.

I'll gladly claim oldness. ;-) Looks like we didn't renew RPM, and
hopefully maybe the old trolls are not longer checking RP after so many
years have now passed. Yay!
------------
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us

Gary Woods 22-05-2013 12:47 PM

pond people

~ jan wrote:

I'll gladly claim oldness. ;-) Looks like we didn't renew RPM, and
hopefully maybe the old trolls are not longer checking RP after so many
years have now passed.

And if people can simply ignore them, they'll starve to death....
My "farm pond" is doing fine, with several pairs of redwings taking up
residence in the usual places amidst the cattails. No bass spawning yet,
but I swear I can hear Sinatra being played on warm evenings.

~ jan[_3_] 25-05-2013 07:44 PM

pond people

~ jan wrote:

I'll gladly claim oldness. ;-) Looks like we didn't renew RPM, and
hopefully maybe the old trolls are not longer checking RP after so many
years have now passed.

And if people can simply ignore them, they'll starve to death....
My "farm pond" is doing fine, with several pairs of redwings taking up
residence in the usual places amidst the cattails. No bass spawning yet,
but I swear I can hear Sinatra being played on warm evenings.

----
Totally agree on the ignoring part.

I'm just gearing up this year. Last spring I was so much further ahead,
course it didn't hurt that my yard was chosen to be on the Secret Garden
Tour that was the first weekend after Memorial Day. At least the weather
was cooperative. This spring hasn't been favorable at all for us weekend
warriors and now everything is needing to be done at once it seems.... and
the body says: "I don't think so." ~ jan
------------
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us

~ jan[_3_] 09-06-2013 07:00 PM

pond people

On Mon, 03 Jun 2013 10:34:56 -0500, wrote:

rats.. too bad about RPM
Ingrid

I just need to get back into the habit of checking in here.

Schools out, so hopefully more time. RP is easier, not dependent on mods
and such. We just have to hope the tr*lls have moved on to other venues and
the pursuit of their unhappiness. ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds:
www.jjspond.us