Old 06-05-2003, 03:23 AM
R Brad Stamm

Default Fluidart Turbo Vortex, any good??

I have lots of problems with clumps of algae filling the skimmer basket of
my pump and them having the pump mash the algae and clog the Bio Filter. I
do not have much room so large vortex filters would be hard to place. Anyone
have much experience with the Fluidart Turbo Vortex?
Any other suggestions on how to filter clumps before the pump?
Thanks
Brad

Old 06-05-2003, 01:32 PM
RichToyBox

Brad,

I have the Turbo Vortex on my 4000 gallon pond. It is not what it is
cracked up to be. I have since added a regular vortex ahead of it. Unless
you can mount it such that the top of the unit is at or below the water
level, it has a tendency for the top o-ring to leak air and break the
suction to the pump. It does backwash the heavy stuff that accumulates in
the bottom pretty well, but the bio-balls have to be taken out and washed.
If it is backwashed long enough to clean most of the bio-balls, the
bio-balls go out the backwash pipe. I would try to find something else.
--
RichToyBox

"R Brad Stamm" wrote in message
I have lots of problems with clumps of algae filling the skimmer basket of
my pump and them having the pump mash the algae and clog the Bio Filter. I
do not have much room so large vortex filters would be hard to place.

Anyone
have much experience with the Fluidart Turbo Vortex?
Any other suggestions on how to filter clumps before the pump?
Thanks
Brad

Anyone ever take apart / disassemble a Gardena Turbo Drive sprinklerhead? Home Guy Lawns 3 19-08-2013 03:57 AM
Turbo trowel David Hill United Kingdom 9 12-08-2013 04:33 PM
help me with my vortex des Ponds 2 07-03-2003 03:58 AM
Vortex Settlement Chambers BenignVanilla Ponds (alternative) 3 06-02-2003 12:33 AM
Vortex Settlement Chambers BenignVanilla Ponds 4 06-02-2003 12:33 AM