GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Anacharis - How much?!? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/20968-anacharis-how-much.html)

Jeff Spicoli 06-05-2003 02:44 PM

Anacharis - How much?!?

I have a brand new pond right under 1000 gallons.

I want to add Anacharis. How many bunches should I purchase for my size
pond?

Thanks!

--
Post ads w/ photos for FREE! Dealers welcome.
http://VehicleSeek.com

BenignVanilla 06-05-2003 03:20 PM

Anacharis - How much?!?

"Jeff Spicoli" wrote in message
46...
I have a brand new pond right under 1000 gallons.

I want to add Anacharis. How many bunches should I purchase for my size
pond?

I dunno the right answer, but some anecdotal evidence...I have a pond that
is about 3000 gallons with filter. I tossed three clumps ($2.99) size into
my pond a few days ago. I am waiting to see how it goes...

BV.

Bonnie Espenshade 06-05-2003 05:44 PM

Anacharis - How much?!?

Jeff Spicoli wrote:
I have a brand new pond right under 1000 gallons.

I want to add Anacharis. How many bunches should I purchase for my size
pond?

Thanks!

That depends on how fast the fish eat the anacharis. When I
first put in my pond I bought 100 bunches. The fish ate it
all in a short amount of time. If you can protect it in
some way until it gets started 25 to 50 plants would
probably do.

--
Bonnie
NJ