GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Safe Temperature For Transferring Goldfish (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/21142-safe-temperature-transferring-goldfish.html)

John Ferman 07-05-2003 05:44 PM

Safe Temperature For Transferring Goldfish

Last year we got a dozen feeder goldfish for our backyard pond and took
them in to winter-over indoors (aquarium). Now its getting time to
bring them back outside. The pond temperature reaches 60 F daytime and
drops to about 55 F overnight (Minneapolis, Minnesota location). The
indoor aquarium temperature runs 65 to 68 F and has been for 6 months
now. Will it be safe to transfer the goldfish at these temperatures.

Chris Tondreau 08-05-2003 02:32 AM

Safe Temperature For Transferring Goldfish

You're fine to put them out now. Just don't feed them until temps are
consistently over 55.

Jacqui

[email protected] 08-05-2003 02:56 PM

Safe Temperature For Transferring Goldfish

check the temp deep in the pond if it isnt being turned over. dont drop the temp
more than 4oF. Ingrid