GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   floating geotextile (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/21298-floating-geotextile.html)

Marcel G. 08-05-2003 03:44 PM

floating geotextile

I added a geotextile in our pond to protect the membrane. Now, the
geotextile tends to float. It's not a problem on horizontal surfaces,
where I can put plants and rocks to hold it, but i can't figure a way
to glue rocks or plants on the sides! There is as much as 12 inches
between the textile and the membrane at some places. Any ideas, fellow
ponders?

It's a pleasure to look at the pictures of your ponds and various
projects.

Marcel G.

KenCo 08-05-2003 04:08 PM

floating geotextile

"Marcel G." wrote:

I added a geotextile in our pond to protect the membrane. Now, the
geotextile tends to float. It's not a problem on horizontal surfaces,
where I can put plants and rocks to hold it, but i can't figure a way
to glue rocks or plants on the sides! There is as much as 12 inches
between the textile and the membrane at some places. Any ideas, fellow
ponders?

It's a pleasure to look at the pictures of your ponds and various
projects.

Marcel G.

geotextile is used "under" the liner.

--
http://www.kencofish.com Ken Arnold,
401-781-9642 cell 401-225-0556

Please Note: No trees or animals were harmed in the
sending of this contaminant free message We do concede
that a signicant number of electrons may have been
inconvenienced.

Marcel Gagnon 08-05-2003 04:32 PM

floating geotextile

"KenCo" a écrit dans le message news:

geotextile is used "under" the liner.

I know. There is a geotextile under the liner. After some reading, I added a
second one over the liner to protect it. Now I begin to think it will give
me more trouble than anything else.

Marcel G.