Old 09-05-2003, 01:08 AM
Ted

Default Lotus question

I have a small container with an outflow lip, it is only about 24" diameter
and probably that deep also. I would like to know if that would be large
enough to put a dwarf lotus in? I was going to tee off my main line to the
waterfall and run some water into this slowly and back into the pond. Is it
better to do that or just water the container every few days?

--
Thanks,
Lisa

Here are last years pictures. I am in the process of rebuilding the
waterfall so will have to post updates. I already had the iris bloom, the
hyacinth started today and the lilies are going also!
http://community.webshots.com/user/ldziedzic2001

Old 09-05-2003, 03:32 AM
Nedra

Lisa,

I would just add water to the container. Just make
sure have 3 or 4 inches of water on top of the tuber..
Lotus do not like running water.
Also, You'll want to
keep a Mosquito Dunk in the container as well.

Nedra

"Ted" wrote in message
I have a small container with an outflow lip, it is only about 24"

diameter
and probably that deep also. I would like to know if that would be large
enough to put a dwarf lotus in? I was going to tee off my main line to the
waterfall and run some water into this slowly and back into the pond. Is

it
better to do that or just water the container every few days?

--
Thanks,
Lisa

Here are last years pictures. I am in the process of rebuilding the
waterfall so will have to post updates. I already had the iris bloom, the
hyacinth started today and the lilies are going also!
http://community.webshots.com/user/ldziedzic2001

Trailing Lotus-2254 (Lotus berthelotii) Maroochy[_4_] Garden Photos 0 16-09-2012 09:23 AM
Lotus question, newbie to lotus claude rogers Ponds 1 02-06-2003 06:56 PM
Lotus potting question Don Ponds 0 20-05-2003 04:32 PM
lotus question ande Ponds 9 23-04-2003 02:08 PM
Nedra/Lotus question Lee Brouillet Ponds 5 31-03-2003 08:08 PM