GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   replacement parts Bioforce 500 filter (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/21430-replacement-parts-bioforce-500-filter.html)

Helge Nordtveit 09-05-2003 04:20 AM

replacement parts Bioforce 500 filter

Can anyone direct me to a source for the fittings on a bioforce 500 filter??
the threaded fitting that holds the nipples in place for the hoses in
particular.

J. Douglas Mercer 10-05-2003 11:44 AM

replacement parts Bioforce 500 filter

I went to Lowe's tonight, and found a bunch of 2" - 1/2" MNPT PVC stuff.
You might be able to find what you need there.
Hope the threads on your housing are OK.

Inlet/outlet on Bioforce 500 are 1" MNPT(standard pipe threads in US)
So, for example:
A 1" MNPT coupler costs about 79 cents.(1" female to 1" female)
A 1" MNPT reducer costs even less. (1"male to 3/4" hosetail)
For another 3 bucks, you can buy adapters to hook a standard garden hose to
it.
You can water your flowers & change your water at the same time. :-)

Otherwise, just do a search. There are a lot of online sources, I think.
You could also contact HoZelock.
www.pondusa.com has a breakdown of parts for that model.

Doug
..

J. Douglas Mercer 10-05-2003 01:08 PM

replacement parts Bioforce 500 filter

BTW
I'd love to hear of your opinions/experiences of that filter.

Doug
..