Old 16-01-2020, 04:32 AM posted to rec.ponds

Default How long can Goldfish go without food?

V*o 14:00:00 UTC+7 Thứ Năm, ng*y 03 tháng 8 năm 2000, Matt Latourette đã viết:
This pond is an outdoor pond, right? If so, I don't think I'd worry too
much about it. Between the plants and various insects, earthworms, etc. I
would think they'd be able to fend for themselves for a couple weeks until
somebody else moves in. If you're really concerned about it, you could add
a few more aquatic plants for them to eat. I wouldn't worry about them not
being used to eating plants either. When they're hungry, they'll learn to
love eating plants.

- Matt

"Craig Garrett" wrote in message
om...
I am renting a house that has a fish pond. I have been taking care of the
fish for a while now, but I am moving soon. I cant take the fish with me,
either. I don't think that the leasing agency will be able to lease this
house for at least a couple of weeks after I move out, so I was wondering,
how long can fish live without food? There are 10 gf in the 170 gal pond,
and there are 3 lily plants in there. I had 2 gf at one time (my biggest
and oldest ones now, they are 4 inches long), and they went for 2 months
with no food from me, they just ate the plants (and grew fast), but I dont
think that all the fish I have in there now are used to eating the lilies.
I tried reducing the amount of food I have been feeding them, trying to

make
them eat the plants, but the fish seem to be less energetic now (water
quality is good), so I dont think they have a taste for plants yet.

Is there anything I can do to prepare the fish for a fast?

-Craig

tks for share : a href="https://champagnereef.com/how-long-can-goldfish-go-without-food/"How long can goldfish go without food/a