Old 01-03-2003, 06:41 PM
Doug

Default Media Bags

Does anyone know a website with cheap!!!Media Bags??
I need mesh bags to hold bio material,such as lava rock,scrubbies,etc.
I need bags large enough for 55 galon drums.

Thanks
doug

Old 01-03-2003, 07:03 PM
KenCo

Doug wrote:

Does anyone know a website with cheap!!!Media Bags??
I need mesh bags to hold bio material,such as lava rock,scrubbies,etc.
I need bags large enough for 55 galon drums.

Thanks
doug

go to a swimming pool store and get
the vacuum bags, $7-8 ea and huge

--
http://www.kencofish.com Ken Arnold,
401-781-9642 cell 401-225-0556

Please Note: No trees or animals were harmed in the
sending of this contaminant free message We do concede
that a signicant number of electrons may have been
inconvenienced.
Old 01-03-2003, 07:40 PM
zookeeper

Or use mesh laundry bags -- drawstring or zipper closing. Walmart,
Kmart, Target, etc. If you use several bags, it makes cleaning easier.
--
Kathy B, zookeeper (OR)
3500gal pond

Old 01-03-2003, 09:32 PM
Phyllis and Jim Hurley

We use wal-mart laundry bags. Cheap, strong. Won't work well with lava
rock, tho. But the lava rock has its limits. Try screen!

Check out Jog-A-Thon fundraiser (clears $140+ per child) at: jogathon.net

Old 01-03-2003, 09:44 PM
K30a

Black vinyl window screening works
great for us and our 3,000 gallon pond.
We bought it in 25 yard lengths at Lowes
and have 50 yards total in our 150 gallon
stock tank, topped by watercress or
water hyacinth depending on the season.

k30a

Old 02-03-2003, 03:43 PM
Bonnie Espenshade

"Doug" wrote in message

Does anyone know a website with cheap!!!Media Bags??
I need mesh bags to hold bio material,such as lava rock,scrubbies,etc.
I need bags large enough for 55 galon drums.

Thanks
doug

I use large mesh laundry bags. They have drawstrings and
come in various sizes. I have three filled with bio-balls.

--
Bonnie
NJ

Old 02-03-2003, 05:15 PM

aquatic ecosystems online.. they got everything. Ingrid
Old 11-03-2003, 05:44 PM
ikiru

I found some large mesh bags used for straining paint for under $1 at the
local home depot. They are quite large and they seem to be pretty sturdy.