GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Pond PLant question: water celery pictures (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/22209-re-pond-plant-question-water-celery-pictures.html)

Phyllis and Jim Hurley 13-05-2003 06:08 AM

Pond PLant question: water celery pictures

GD,

Here is a link that will show you what I was talking about...with
discussion. They comment that it can work in a pot. The koi do love it.
We have a 5' kiddie pool full of the stuff. Cut some, dump it in the pond.
Koi dinner.

http://www.koivet.com/plants/celery.html

Check out Jog-A-Thon fundraiser (clears $140+ per child) at: jogathon.net
"GD" wrote in message
I don't need any, thanks. What you call water celery mustn't be what
I call water celery. Vallisneria americana does not survive out of
water. Got pictures?

"Phyllis and Jim Hurley" wrote:

Hi GD,

Yep. The water celery seems also to be a terrestrial. It comes out and
sends runners under the rocks. It surfaces on the berm behind the veggie
pond/fileters. In the hot summer, it does poorly on the berm. In the
spring, it thrives. The mower does the trick.

Want some?