GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   pond on a sloping garden (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/22699-pond-sloping-garden.html)

Tony 15-05-2003 10:44 PM

pond on a sloping garden

hi
we're moving to a new house soon & I would like to have a pond in the garden
(more successful than my current pond!!). The garden is about 20 feet wide
& over 100 feet long. The trouble is the slope, it rises about 1 foot for
every 5 feet of travel & this is the same all over the garden, which backs
onto open countryside. Things like waterfalls & streams spring to mind. I
want to have a similar size to my current bowl of pea soup, which is
somewhere around 1200 ~ 1500 gallons. I want to transfer the fish from one
pond to the other (2 goldfish & a golden orfe ~ not much I know but the kids
are attached to them) & introduce more fish when it
is settled.
Anyone experience / ideas of setting one up?
TIA
Tony
ps it will be in southern UK

---
So check it anyway!!
No attachments unless advised in body of email.

RichToyBox 16-05-2003 01:44 AM

pond on a sloping garden

Tony,

I have a similar situation. The benefit is you can dig a nice pond by
digging only half a hole. Take the dirt dug into the hillside and toss it
down hill to build up the downslope side. Use the retaining wall blocks to
give a neat appearance to the low side, put in liner and call it a pond. If
you want to put in a stream, the slope is enough to make a really nice
stream. See my site. http://www.geocities.com/richtoybox/pondintro.html
--
RichToyBox