Old 17-05-2003, 09:44 AM
Just Me \Koi\

Default OT. Friday Funny. Moral of the Story/Also OT for the women

Not that I am a woman or such, but I couldn't get the link to work!

--
_______________________________________
like an eggs-and-ham breakfast:

"jammer" j@mmer wrote in message

http://us.f118.mail.yahoo.com/ym/Sho...Inbox&MsgId=28
19_1378046_5176_1168_96865_0_6598_128167_619140190 &bodyPart=2&filename=house
wife.jpg&tnef=&YY=99929&order=down&sort=date&pos=0 &view=a&head=b

Old 17-05-2003, 10:08 AM
jammer

On Sat, 17 May 2003 07:47:39 GMT, "Just Me \"Koi\""
wrote:

Not that I am a woman or such, but I couldn't get the link to work!

Yes well, i think i figured out why and i appologize for that. I
copied it and put it in an email earlier, but now it won't let me copy
it. It was out of a 1955 Good Housekeeping magazine and was do's and
don't for housewives. Quite old fashioned!! Have a hot meal ready,
start a fire for him in cold out, have a beverage ready when he comes
home, have the kids cleaned up and quiet, put a ribbon in your hair!,
don't complain if he goes out to dinner or stays out all night alone
because he probabaly had a hard day. (basically)
Old 17-05-2003, 03:08 PM
BenignVanilla

wrote:

Not that I am a woman or such, but I couldn't get the link to work!

Yes well, i think i figured out why and i appologize for that. I
copied it and put it in an email earlier, but now it won't let me copy
it. It was out of a 1955 Good Housekeeping magazine and was do's and
don't for housewives. Quite old fashioned!! Have a hot meal ready,
start a fire for him in cold out, have a beverage ready when he comes
home, have the kids cleaned up and quiet, put a ribbon in your hair!,
don't complain if he goes out to dinner or stays out all night alone
because he probabaly had a hard day. (basically)

The lack of these practices in modern time is further proof of the collapse
of our soceity.

BV.

P.S. If you don't know I am joking...

Old 17-05-2003, 03:32 PM
John Rutz

BenignVanilla wrote:
"jammer" j@mmer wrote in message

The lack of these practices in modern time is further proof of the collapse
of our soceity.

BV.

P.S. If you don't know I am joking...

at the risk of offending

-- Not the article you quoted but some of the practices they had back
then realy should be reinstated ----- I remember that there were lots
of LITLE things I would not do stay out late, go somewhere without
tellimg parent, mess up in schoool or in public etc for fear of the
"parental wrath" I got from the school or and my parents if I did them
which actualy didnt hurt me mentaly or physicaly for more than a few
minutes

Now that that sort of punishment is against the law and kids dont get
punished for those little things well just read the news and see what
they are up too and it seems getting away with

off my soapbox now

John Rutz
Z5 New Mexico

good judgement comes from bad experience, and that comes from bad
judgement

see my pond at:

http://www.fuerjefe.com

Old 17-05-2003, 06:20 PM
PlainBill

Date: Sat, 17 May 2003 09:23:52 -0400

Whenever someone starts reminiscing about the 'good old days', I
remember some of both sides.

In the 50's, a father's word was law. The child who violated his
father's (or mother's, or teacher's) orders could expect a quick trip
to the woodshed. My older brother lost a close friend because
Charlie's Dad believed the Salk vaccine was nonsense. Charly died
about 2 years later of Polio.

In the 50's, you could call a person of African ancestry a negro,
or a colored person without offending anyone. In the same decade, a
black man was lynched in Broward County, Florida. The sheriff
organized the lynching. The crime - urinating in public.

Doctors made house calls - but kidney failure meant death.

The list goes on, but it has very little to do with ponds....

PlainBill

Old 17-05-2003, 07:08 PM
Just Me \Koi\

Oooh! I like that! Can I get a copy for my dear wife? Just before she
slaps me around for hallucinating?

--
_______________________________________

Old 18-05-2003, 08:20 AM
~ jan

it. It was out of a 1955 Good Housekeeping magazine and was do's and
don't for housewives. Quite old fashioned!! Have a hot meal ready,
start a fire for him in cold out, have a beverage ready when he comes
home, have the kids cleaned up and quiet, put a ribbon in your hair!,
don't complain if he goes out to dinner or stays out all night alone
because he probabaly had a hard day. (basically)

The lack of these practices in modern time is further proof of the collapse
of our soceity. BV. P.S. If you don't know I am joking...

You're absolutely right, not to mention the lost of all those milkmen jobs.
;o) ~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website
Old 19-05-2003, 03:32 AM

~ jan wrote:
[ . . . ]
You're absolutely right, not to mention the lost of all those milkmen
jobs. ;o)

Also the breadman (Dugan's?), and the ice and coalmen (Russo Bros.)

S/f,

--
Nick, Retired in the San Fernando Valley www.boonchoo.com
"Giving violent criminals a government guarantee that their intended
Old 21-05-2003, 08:08 AM
jammer

On Sat, 17 May 2003 17:14:21 GMT, "Just Me \"Koi\""
wrote:

Oooh! I like that! Can I get a copy for my dear wife? Just before she
slaps me around for hallucinating?

If your email address is the above minus the spamnot, i sent the 1955
housewives thing to you. If it didn't come through i have another way
i can do it. It will not copy and paste to here, tho.

Friday funny Muddymike United Kingdom 3 16-05-2009 03:54 PM
Moral: be careful! Reka Orchids 6 13-01-2007 08:10 PM
To strengthen moral fibre, grow a pot plant JennyC United Kingdom 0 17-11-2004 06:35 PM
OT. Friday Funny. Moral of the Story Just Me \Koi\ Ponds 1 17-05-2003 06:20 PM