Old 17-05-2003, 10:56 PM
~ jan

Default Fake Garden Snake

I know I saw a fake garden snake in a catalog once. It was the type that
could move with the wind. Anyone seen similar?

Website googling didn't get me any where but to rubber snakes, which DH
picked up 2 this afternoon for $1 at Wally World. I'm having trouble with
the robins pecking the ground cover out of my cement blocks that surround
the lily pond. I used wire fencing to protect the newest stuff, as they
seemed to be just attacking it. Unfortunately the other day they (it)
totally destroyed an established one. Metallic ribbons aren't keeping them
away, I guess they've gotten use to it. ( ~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website
Old 18-05-2003, 02:56 AM
RichToyBox

I had one of those rubber snakes that I used to keep the birds out of my
strawberries. Worked pretty good too. Of course a neighbor, apparently
wanting strawberries saw it and took a hoe to its head.
--
RichToyBox

Old 19-05-2003, 01:32 AM
~ jan

On Sun, 18 May 2003 01:01:10 GMT, "RichToyBox"
wrote:

I had one of those rubber snakes that I used to keep the birds out of my
strawberries. Worked pretty good too. Of course a neighbor, apparently
wanting strawberries saw it and took a hoe to its head.

At least you know it was quite real looking. This particular fake snake I
saw had a hard head, but a ribbon like body so it would move with the wind.

Lately, I feel like I've gone back to my kid years when I had knick knacks
I would move around periodically on shelves in my bedroom. Only now I'm
moving alligators and snakes around my ponds on a daily basis. Didn't
realize back then I was in training. ~ jan