Old 18-05-2003, 12:20 AM
D. S.

Default BullFrog eggs!

How long does it take for frog eggs to hatch?
Seems my frogs have been active!!

zandiver

Old 18-05-2003, 12:44 AM
K30a

Depending on the temperature of the water....
warmer and the eggs will hatch quicker.

Some times people think they disappear but they are very tiny when they hatch
and they like to cling, motionless to the sides of the pond or plants.

Take a couple inside, it is kewl to watch.

k30a
Old 18-05-2003, 12:56 AM
D. S.

I just brought a string in. Should I get some slimy green stuff off the
side of the pond for them to feed on after they hatch?

Darin

Old 18-05-2003, 01:08 AM
K30a

DS wrote Should I get some slimy green stuff off the
side of the pond for them to feed on after they hatch?

Yes, they'd like that.
Then they can graduate to organic lettuce.
I put a bunch in the freezer and break off leaves
as needed.
(I have five jars set up right now with treefrog eggs, from a few to a bunch
depending on the size of the container.)
Watch for ammonia in the container as they get older.
I put in anacharis and other underwater plants to help filter my tadpole
setups. And they eat that too.
Bullfrog taddies will need to go back to the pond in the fall so they can
winter over.
I tried to winter over some bullfrog taddies and they died
before spring so it makes me think they need the winter conditions.

k30a
Old 18-05-2003, 01:32 AM
jammer

On Sat, 17 May 2003 19:02:09 -0500, "D. S." wrote:

I just brought a string in. Should I get some slimy green stuff off the
side of the pond for them to feed on after they hatch?

Darin

If you brought in a lot, and someone suggests a kiddie pool on down
the line, don't do what i did and KILL every last one of them. Make
sure you understand the water quality and volume and dont add a lot of
food and......and if i knew exactly what i had done, I would try it
again, but i don't yet. If it was indeed anomia spike like i think,
this kills them suddenly and all at once.

Good luck and have fun, i have about 50 left in the pond and they are
cool to watch.

Old 18-05-2003, 01:56 AM
D. S.

I brought in about 20 or so. The are in a large glass vase filled with pond
water and some muck. I wanted to watch them hatch then put them back in the
pond. Should this be suffecient, or do I need a larger container? It holds
about 3/4gal of water.

Darin

Old 18-05-2003, 01:56 AM
jammer

On Sat, 17 May 2003 19:56:45 -0500, "D. S." wrote:

I brought in about 20 or so. The are in a large glass vase filled with pond
water and some muck. I wanted to watch them hatch then put them back in the
pond. Should this be suffecient, or do I need a larger container? It holds
about 3/4gal of water.

Darin

Someone else will have to answer that, remember, i killed mine in a
big kiddie pool!

Old 18-05-2003, 02:08 AM
K30a

They should be fine as they aren't producing
ammonia yet as they aren't eating yet.
When they hatch out they will exist on their
yolk sack for a while.

k30a
Old 18-05-2003, 02:56 AM
D. S.

Thank you both so much for the help. I'll keep an eye on them.

Darin

"K30a" wrote in message

They should be fine as they aren't producing
ammonia yet as they aren't eating yet.
When they hatch out they will exist on their
yolk sack for a while.

k30a

Rescueing a Bullfrog Benign Vanilla Ponds 11 30-05-2004 05:05 AM
Operation: lady bullfrog Ka30P Ponds 18 14-04-2004 06:32 AM
Pond Supplies and Bullfrog Tadpoles Elizabeth of the Tudor Tarts Texas 6 01-06-2003 10:56 PM
bullfrog range? Mike Sullivan Ponds 1 02-05-2003 03:45 AM
bullfrog John Rutz Ponds 0 10-04-2003 12:20 AM