Old 20-05-2003, 01:44 PM
Mick709

Default AQUARIUM SNAILS IN POND??

Howdy all!

I have an 800 gal horse trough "pond" on the deck and have a snail question: Is
it a good idea to take the snails from my office aquarium and drump em into the
pond? They are taking over the aquarium and I need to get rid of the little
devils. Now, in the fall I drain the pond into the yard and wonder if the
snails will survive outside of the water and will the live to wreck havoc on my
garden. Any thoughts? Or should I just flush em??

TIA!
MICK!
Old 20-05-2003, 03:44 PM
K30a

Depends on the snail.
When in doubt I wouldn't transfer them to the pond.
This webpage has good information on snails
http://userpages.umbc.edu/~rrhudy1/index.html
Aquatic snails will not leave the pond and wreck havoc in your garden.

k30a
Old 20-05-2003, 03:56 PM
joe

Mick709 wrote:

and wonder if the
snails will survive outside of the water

No chance of that.

Old 21-05-2003, 01:32 AM
Chris

Crush them and feed them to the fish. My wife feeds them to her Angels and
other fish and they fight over them.