GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Trout? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/28541-trout.html)

Phil1Julie 24-05-2003 08:10 AM

Trout?

I have a 250 gal pond with a side 3 tier waterfall to a small pool andback into
the main pond. I do have goldfish that I have had some luck with them. Is it
possible for trout and freshwater fishes to live in a pond with good
circulation and filtration? Will the stream fish eat my goldfish? Do i want
these fish in my pond? Bluegill? Catfish? Brown & rainbow trout? horney heads?
Phil
pcf I

K30a 24-05-2003 08:20 AM

Trout?

250 gallons is fine for a few goldfish or minnows.
Trout need lots and lots and lots of clear, cold running water -
best found in nature.

k30a

John Hines 24-05-2003 04:45 PM

Trout?

(Phil1Julie) wrote:

I have a 250 gal pond with a side 3 tier waterfall to a small pool andback into
the main pond. I do have goldfish that I have had some luck with them. Is it
possible for trout and freshwater fishes to live in a pond with good
circulation and filtration? Will the stream fish eat my goldfish? Do i want
these fish in my pond? Bluegill? Catfish? Brown & rainbow trout? horney heads?

Trout need a MAX water temp of 55 f. This I got from the local (zone 5)
DNR, which stocks trout in the spring time in some local water ways.
Any that are not caught, die when the water warms up.