GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   More Pics of "The Big Dig" (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/28578-more-pics-big-dig.html)

Critical Popperian 24-05-2003 06:09 PM

More Pics of "The Big Dig"

Here's more pictures of "The Big Dig"
http://www.popperian.com/pond/page17.htm

K30a 24-05-2003 06:21 PM

More Pics of "The Big Dig"

wow!
no, make that
WOW!!
:-)
k30a

REBEL JOE 24-05-2003 06:56 PM

More Pics of "The Big Dig"

Thats AWSOME!!!!! MORE PICS

http://community.webtv.net/rebeljoe/POND

John Rutz 24-05-2003 07:09 PM

More Pics of "The Big Dig"

Critical Popperian wrote:
Here's more pictures of "The Big Dig"
http://www.popperian.com/pond/page17.htm

--

good grief whata layout

John Rutz
Z5 New Mexico

good judgement comes from bad experience, and that comes from bad
judgement

see my pond at:

http://www.fuerjefe.com

Bonnie Espenshade 24-05-2003 07:09 PM

More Pics of "The Big Dig"

Critical Popperian wrote:
Here's more pictures of "The Big Dig"
http://www.popperian.com/pond/page17.htm

Very nice. I imagine that you're looking forward to sitting
and looking at the lovely scene. Enjoy!

--
Bonnie
NJ

zookeeper 24-05-2003 07:21 PM

More Pics of "The Big Dig"

Critical Popperian wrote:
Here's more pictures of "The Big Dig"
http://www.popperian.com/pond/page17.htm

Okay, uncle, maybe I'll redo my waterfall and upper pond this summer.
vbg I wish I had a sloping hillside like you have to work with; never
thought I'd wish for something other than flat yard.

On page 14 of your site, you have a picture at the bottom captioned
"These guys clean the pond and the Koi eat them for food!" What are
"these guys?"
--
Kathy B, zookeeper
3500gal pond (Oregon)

Go Fig 24-05-2003 08:21 PM

More Pics of "The Big Dig"

In article ,
(Critical Popperian) wrote:

Here's more pictures of "The Big Dig"
http://www.popperian.com/pond/page17.htm

Nice project, too bad you didn't have Kerry and Kennedy pork barrel some
funds for you ;-)

jay
Sat, May 24, 2003

--

Legend insists that as he finished his abject...
Galileo muttered under his breath: "Nevertheless, it does move."

Just Me \Koi\ 24-05-2003 09:08 PM

More Pics of "The Big Dig"

Great job dude! Well done indeed.

--
_______________________________________
like an eggs-and-ham breakfast:

om...

Critical Popperian 25-05-2003 07:20 AM

More Pics of "The Big Dig"

Nice project, too bad you didn't have Kerry and Kennedy pork barrel some
funds for you ;-)

Well, I am lucky enough to still have a job given that I don't work
for Halliburton.

And I do count my lucky stars every day that Bush & Co. have been too
busy in the National State Parks and haven't had time yet cut down all
the beautiful 3-4 ft diameter Poplar trees around my property ... you
know ... for "forest fire prevention".

So, you know, life is indeed grand! :)

Critical Popperian 25-05-2003 07:20 AM

More Pics of "The Big Dig"

never thought I'd wish for something other than flat yard.

Tell me about it. When we bought this property, my father was
thinking to himself (but didn't say anything)... "what the hell is
that kid going to do with that whacked out backyard".

Little did he know.... :)

jammer 25-05-2003 08:32 AM

More Pics of "The Big Dig"

On 24 May 2003 09:02:56 -0700, (Critical Popperian)
wrote:

Here's more pictures of "The Big Dig"
http://www.popperian.com/pond/page17.htm

Wow! I love that!

zookeeper 25-05-2003 09:44 PM

More Pics of "The Big Dig"

Critical Popperian wrote:
never thought I'd wish for something other than flat yard.

Tell me about it. When we bought this property, my father was
thinking to himself (but didn't say anything)... "what the hell is
that kid going to do with that whacked out backyard".

And I'll bet he's really impressed with what you've done with the yard.
I know all of rec.ponds is wowwed. Can't wait to see what else you do
with that space.
--
zookeeper

Critical Popperian 26-05-2003 06:32 PM

More Pics of "The Big Dig"

And I'll bet he's really impressed with what you've done with the yard.
I know all of rec.ponds is wowwed. Can't wait to see what else you do
with that space.

I don't think I've taken time to thank everyone for the information
they've posted and for tirelessly answering my unending questions :)

We're putting in 2 4" bottom drains to the main pond now and I ordered
a 14,000-30,000 rated Oase Biotec 30 filter this morning so that I can
have happy fish :)

I've got to figure out how to pump the water through the bottom drain
in a "pump box" of some sort still, and then, hopefully, I'll have a
really good continuous, recirculating filtration system for my fishes
:)

--- This is not a cheap hobby! :) But one of the most interesting
I've ever taken up!

Bonnie Espenshade 26-05-2003 07:20 PM

More Pics of "The Big Dig"

Critical Popperian wrote:

--- This is not a cheap hobby! :) But one of the most interesting
I've ever taken up!

Hi,
Some of us manage to the hobby a bit cheaper than others,
but we don't get the results you did ;-). I must agree it's
a great hobby!

Just Me \Koi\ 26-05-2003 08:20 PM

More Pics of "The Big Dig"

You can say that again!