GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Balance bottom drain and Oase Skimmer (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/28864-balance-bottom-drain-oase-skimmer.html)

Chris 26-05-2003 01:44 AM

Balance bottom drain and Oase Skimmer

What are the recomendations for balancing the two intakes? The skimmer has
1.25" line running to it and the bottom drain has 2" pipe running to it. The
skimmer does not work unless I restrict the bottom drain which is easy
enough with a manual valve. Is there a valve out there for ponds that has a
variable venturi? This would allow the 2" line to be restricted and adjust
itself as needed to keep proper flow.

~ jan JJsPond.us 26-05-2003 07:20 PM

On Sun, 25 May 2003 19:43:31 -0500, "Chris" wrote:

What are the recomendations for balancing the two intakes? The skimmer has
1.25" line running to it and the bottom drain has 2" pipe running to it. The
skimmer does not work unless I restrict the bottom drain which is easy
enough with a manual valve. Is there a valve out there for ponds that has a
variable venturi? This would allow the 2" line to be restricted and adjust
itself as needed to keep proper flow.

Could you make the 1.25 line to skimmer bigger? Or maybe you need to suck
more gph? I have a similar set up using 1.5" on the skimmer with 2" on the
drain (as does the Demon Pond). My pond is running 1500/gph, Dpond
1800+/gph and skimmers are working great on both. ~ jan

See my ponds and filter designs, Dpond:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a