GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Snails?! (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/29128-snails.html)

Marc Tripp 27-05-2003 02:32 AM

Snails?!

I was working on my pond today, and noticed tracks in the algea in the upper
pond. On closer examination I found quite a few small snails working their
way up and down the walls.

Is this going to be a problem and if so, what can I do about it??

This is the first time in the four years I have had the pond I have ever had
snails.

Thanks for your help.

Marc Tripp
http://members.cox.net/marctripp

K30a 27-05-2003 02:44 AM

Snails?!

Snails shouldn't be a problem in a mature well planted pond.
I've had them for years.
Your snails might have come in on a purchased
plant.

This is a good page to look up stuff about
snails on -
http://userpages.umbc.edu/~rrhudy1/index.html

k30a