GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Filter for my new pond (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/29236-filter-my-new-pond.html)

rtk 27-05-2003 01:22 PM

Filter for my new pond

For my new pond:
http://www.personal.psu.edu/faculty/...wPondPage.html
I got a 3000 gallon Little Giant external filter from Lowe's for $269.
The man who put the pump in for me thought it was a monster and had lots
of trouble getting it not to leak. Now that I have to take it apart I'm
thinking I should have splurged and got the best filter to go with my
big 5000 gallon pump although it's for a 2000 gallon pond. That Fish
Place has an exorbitant 4000 gallon one for $750. Is there another one
that would work as well? The pond is the primitive sort, liner and no
drains or any kind of sophisticated plumbing.

Ruth Kazez