GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   advice for 2 garden projects (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/29701-advice-2-garden-projects.html)

Sandie Hudson 30-05-2003 12:08 AM

advice for 2 garden projects

There are two projects that I am considering adding to my
garden.
1. steps down the front bank using square concrete pavers
and natural stones
2. small round pond with water plants and stone edging

Does anyone have any advice on how to do either one easily
and cheaply? Also is there such a thing as a battery
operated pump for the pond? Or a pond without a pump that
doesn't attract mosquitoes?

Thanks for any and all advice.
Sandie

K30a 30-05-2003 12:32 AM

advice for 2 garden projects

Sandie wrote Does anyone have any advice on how to do either one easily
and cheaply?

Read these webpages for good information about ponds - built well usually saves
money.

http://www.pondrushes.net/
and
http://www.geocities.com/bickal2000/pond.htm
and
http://userpages.umbc.edu/~rrhudy1/index.html

Also is there such a thing as a battery

operated pump for the pond?

Do a web search for solar powered fountains.

Or a pond without a pump that

doesn't attract mosquitoes?

Best for mosquitoes is a fountain and a few goldfish OR you can use Mosquito
Dunks, found locally in many places or ordered from the web.

k30a