Old 30-05-2003, 04:56 AM
Critical Popperian

Default Eeek!! What Happened to My Pond? ("The Big Dig" Continued...)

Eeek!! What Happened to My Pond?

Pond Picture update:
http://www.popperian.com/pond/page18.htm

From the beginning:
http://www.popperian.com/pond/index.htm
Old 30-05-2003, 04:20 PM
zookeeper

Critical Popperian wrote:
Eeek!! What Happened to My Pond?

Pond Picture update:
http://www.popperian.com/pond/page18.htm

From the beginning:
http://www.popperian.com/pond/index.htm

It definitely looks like you're doing it up right this time. Does this
mean you won't EVER have to remodel? ;-) The retaining wall especially
sounds like a good idea.

Tell your wife, welcome to the KOI side! The fish are addictive, but
it's a great addiction.

Koi Hill is a great name for your backyard and ponds; I'm still waaayyy
jealous!

And our canine crew said to tell Rusty his summer cut looks great and he
doesn't look like a twig.
--
zookeeper

Old 30-05-2003, 04:20 PM
Russ and Cathy

Great Pictures. Will you be adding more of the construction of the sunroom?
I sure hope so. I would like to see what it all looks like when finished
........sort of like ..the end of the story "and they lived happily ever
after"
Cathy

"Critical Popperian" wrote in message
om...
Eeek!! What Happened to My Pond?

Pond Picture update:
http://www.popperian.com/pond/page18.htm

From the beginning:
http://www.popperian.com/pond/index.htm

Old 30-05-2003, 04:20 PM
Just Me \Koi\

There is never an end to a pond dig story, you know that!

Next chapter: Green water, Algae, Dead Koi, Heron, Raccoon, and the biggest
next chapter?...How do I make my big pond bigger?

--
_______________________________________
like an eggs-and-ham breakfast:

"Russ and Cathy" wrote in message
Great Pictures. Will you be adding more of the construction of the

sunroom?
I sure hope so. I would like to see what it all looks like when finished
.......sort of like ..the end of the story "and they lived happily ever
after"
Cathy

"Critical Popperian" wrote in message
om...
Eeek!! What Happened to My Pond?

Pond Picture update:
http://www.popperian.com/pond/page18.htm

From the beginning:
http://www.popperian.com/pond/index.htm

Old 30-05-2003, 04:20 PM
Just Me \Koi\

Good job! Your plans are coming together well. And the investment you are
making now will serve you well later!

--
_______________________________________
like an eggs-and-ham breakfast:

"Critical Popperian" wrote in message
om...
Eeek!! What Happened to My Pond?

Pond Picture update:
http://www.popperian.com/pond/page18.htm

From the beginning:
http://www.popperian.com/pond/index.htm

Old 30-05-2003, 05:56 PM
Critical Popperian

Will you be adding more of the construction of the sunroom?

Yep, we'll show it all, a lot will be done this month, hopefully to
the point we have a roof (we shall see!).

As soon as the concrete dries we're putting up the last three 6x6
support beams built into the pond ledge.

I've really got to find a deep plastic bin for the pump basin however.
I'll be putting both Oase pumps in it, two 4" gravity-fed pipes from
the drains and 2" outflows from the pumps. I also wanted to add some
kind of a screen basket below the pumps to catch the leaves sucked in
from the drain.

Anyone have any ideas on where I could find a plastic basin (3'x3'x3'
or so) for this purpose? Garbage cans are okay, but they all have
wheels and that just seems so stupid to me to bury wheels in the
ground.
Old 30-05-2003, 07:20 PM
Paul in Redland

Plastic food grade 55 gallon drums? Free for the asking at some food
processing plants.
Paul

Old 31-05-2003, 08:56 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Gee, CP, we didn't know you had money to spend, we could have guided you
better (read: pushed harder) if we had only known. ;o) ~ jan

On 29 May 2003 20:53:22 -0700, (Critical Popperian) wrote:

Eeek!! What Happened to My Pond?

Pond Picture update:
http://www.popperian.com/pond/page18.htm

From the beginning:
http://www.popperian.com/pond/index.htm

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website
Old 31-05-2003, 07:44 PM
Critical Popperian

Gee, CP, we didn't know you had money to spend, we could have guided you
better (read: pushed harder) if we had only known. ;o) ~ jan

He... don't worry, they gave me a royal reaming in the Watergarden
Magazine forum, laugh.

Got some of the pipe run today. Biggest problem is trying to figure
out where to put the two 4" drains given the in-flow. I've got most
of this month to try and get this stuff done so the timing is good.
We've also received huge quantities of rain, and it's now all drying
out so it's near perfect digging conditions!

As for the money, yeah, I've got a budget for the project, but that
doesn't mean I wanted to spend $1.1k on a filter But with what we
are saving by building the roof and everything, and doing it right
it's hard to argue about. We also got an appraisel on our house
during refinancing and the pond / waterfall / fence (before I tore it
down) tacked, if you can believe it, about $25k to the value of the
house and we dropped 10 years off our mortgage largely because of the
pond! I think the appraiser hooked us up because it came out so good
and there's nothing really like it in the area, so...

To all you ponders... if you do a really incredible job, it will
indeed help the value of your house.

(But if you do a crappy job.... )
Old 31-05-2003, 09:44 PM
Just Me \Koi\

OK CP, as Ricky Ricardo will say, splain yourself! :-)

How did the pond in adding $25k to the value of your house reduce the loan
period by 10 years! If it is true, then my whole freaking yard becomes a
lake by the end of next week!

--
_______________________________________

Old 31-05-2003, 10:32 PM
D. S.

If thats the case, then my sig. line has just changed!!!

D.S.

It's always darkest before dawn, so if you're going to
steal your neighbor's BACKHOE, that's the time to do it.

Old 01-06-2003, 03:20 PM
Critical Popperian

OK CP, as Ricky Ricardo will say, splain yourself! :-)

How did the pond in adding $25k to the value of your house reduce the loan
period by 10 years! If it is true, then my whole freaking yard becomes a
lake by the end of next week!

He... well it was a combo of interest rates plus dropped P.M.I. (you
know, that mortgage insurance they rip new home buyers off with). We
bought 2 years ago, dropped it all, got 20 point value on the house...
because of the pond!

So, since the fishies have paid for themselves they're getting an
upgrade
Old 14-06-2003, 06:56 PM
jammer

Nice pictures!! What are the little black things that you said clean
the pond and double as fish food?

wrote:

Eeek!! What Happened to My Pond?

Pond Picture update: