GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Sq. Acre to Gallons (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/30197-re-sq-acre-gallons.html)

John Rutz 02-06-2003 03:45 PM

Sq. Acre to Gallons

BenignVanilla wrote:
I think I have asked this before, but I can't find in my notes where I wrote
the answer, and I can't google it up, so forgive me if this is redundant.

I am contemplating adding Calcite to Shareholders Pond to clear the clay,
but the only measurements I can find are by acreage of pond. I know I am
somewhere under 3000 gallons, but not sure exactly. Either way, I do not
have nearly an acre of pondage. Does anyone have an acre to gallon convertor
of some sort? Or can you suggest a safe amount of calcite for my 3000
gallon pond in order to clear the clay out?

--
BenignVanilla
Pond Site: www.darofamily.com/jeff/links/mypond

-- BV
if i remember right a n acre is 2500 sq ft

John Rutz
Z5 New Mexico

good judgement comes from bad experience, and that comes from bad
judgement

see my pond at:

http://www.fuerjefe.com